Region 7A (Toughest Region in State?)

SuperFan14A

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really was impressed with Dresden tonight. #12 played physical all night on Greenfield's Moore, and I don't think Moore could respond with an adjustment. I like Dresden's size, it matches up well with Huntingdon, I believe the guard play will be key on Tuesday night. Interesting to see how things will shape out in McKenzie on Tuesday. Yes, Dresden and Huntingdon played 3 times this year and the differential margin has gotten smaller each time.

Greenfield didn't make shots tonight, but their future is as bright as the sunglasses emolji.

I thought Peabody had a chance to beat Huntingdon, but their 3rd quarter was just as (if not more) sloppy than the Fillies' which killed their chances. This region is hard!!!

Really was impressed with Dresden tonight. #12 played physical all night on Greenfield's Moore, and I don't think Moore could respond with an adjustment. I like Dresden's size, it matches up well with Huntingdon, I believe the guard play will be key on Tuesday night. Interesting to see how things will shape out in McKenzie on Tuesday. Yes, Dresden and Huntingdon played 3 times this year and the differential margin has gotten smaller each time.

Greenfield didn't make shots tonight, but their future is as bright as the sunglasses emolji.

I thought Peabody had a chance to beat Huntingdon, but their 3rd quarter was just as (if not more) sloppy than the Fillies' which killed their chances. This region is hard!!!

My take from both games...the most physical teams in each game won. Especially inside the paint. The 2nd half, Greenfield's PG had multiple players collapsing and Dresden was leaving the other guards completely unguarded and daring them to shoot. #12 from Dresden played hard the entire game and her motor didn't stop. I've seen Dresden more than Huntingdon but I really don't know them well enough to 100% pick a winner, but from my eye test--I'm taking Huntingdon. The 4th time may be Dresden's turn..I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. 

I'm taking Middleton in Region 8. I haven't seen Memphis Mitchell girls, but their record is impressive. Who's coming out from Region 8?? Don't know. But I wouldn't want to be going to Middleton or Mitchell in substate.....if that region plays out like I'm thinking. 

I think Huntingdon goes to Middleton and TCA heads to Dresden. That's my A West sectional.

Mitchell is the unknown. They handled Riverside pretty easily last night. I was picking Middleton over TCA in the Region Championship early and I just didn't really pay attention to Mitchell, but that margin over Riverside was pretty impressive. Riverside is generally a tough, grind it out team and I thought they were going down there and beating them. Has anyone on here seen Mitchell?

Mitchell is the unknown. They handled Riverside pretty easily last night. I was picking Middleton over TCA in the Region Championship early and I just didn't really pay attention to Mitchell, but that margin over Riverside was pretty impressive. Riverside is generally a tough, grind it out team and I thought they were going down there and beating them. Has anyone on here seen Mitchell?

It was Scotts Hill that they beat by 20 instead of Riverside. Riverside beat BTW and will play Middleton at 6 on Monday night. Havent spoken to anyone who went to the game but that 20 point spread may be a little inflated with FT's at the end because last year Scotts Hill went into Mitchell and upset them by 4. I have seen Mitchell play once. They are athletic and like to press and create offense off turnovers. They have a very talented point guard that can get to the rim and can distribute along with a couple of other solid players. The game i saw was very physical and had a significant number of fouls called. That being said, if that game were being played in west tn, there would have been double the amount of fouls. Mitchell v TCA will come down to how the game is being called. Either team could win, but playing in Jackson, I am going with TCA.

It was Scotts Hill that they beat by 20 instead of Riverside. Riverside beat BTW and will play Middleton at 6 on Monday night. Havent spoken to anyone who went to the game but that 20 point spread may be a little inflated with FT's at the end because last year Scotts Hill went into Mitchell and upset them by 4. I have seen Mitchell play once. They are athletic and like to press and create offense off turnovers. They have a very talented point guard that can get to the rim and can distribute along with a couple of other solid players. The game i saw was very physical and had a significant number of fouls called. That being said, if that game were being played in west tn, there would have been double the amount of fouls. Mitchell v TCA will come down to how the game is being called. Either team could win, but playing in Jackson, I am going with TCA.

I meant Scotts Hill, not Riverside ..sorry about that. I knew SH had beaten TCA earlier this season and played Middleton tight in a game too. I was shocked by the margin of victory for Mitchell. I so used to keeping up the boy's program down there, I haven't really kept up the girls. I'm predicting a TCA/ Middleton Region championship. Thanks for the insight on Mitchell. I haven't read anything about them on here this year, but I haven't been looking for their girl's program. 

I'm a Middleton alum...the refs not going to let Mitchell come down here and let Mitchell beat TCA...That guard from TCA get alot of fouls from flopping!!!

TCA and Mitchell had a barn burner. TCA wins in OT. One of my Jackson friends said that TCA had it won in the 4th, then collapsed to go to OT. Mitchell had a 9 point lead in OT then collapsed...Mitchell's go to girl fouls out and TCA comes back and wins it in OT. 

Huntingdon

Dresden

TCA

Middleton

That's a pretty stout final 4...I'd put those 4 against any other Regional Final Four in the State and play a round robin. 

You put a press on Middleton and they have major problems. They lost their ball handlers. I will take Dresden and Huntingdon.

TCA with wins over Gibson County and Westview.  Wins over  Middleton, Chester County, Riverside (twice each) and a come from 7 down in overtime to beat a top 10 ranked Mitchell team tonight. PLEASE, keep underestimating TCA.