Region 7A (Toughest Region in State?)

SuperFan14A

Team for team it is the toughest most balanced region. Are they as good as South Green, Clarkrange, and Pickett County? Maybe not. But GC, Peabody, Greenfield, UC, Dresden, Gleason and Huntingdon is the toughest region in the state.

Pioneer for once I agree with you. lol.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see how good 7A is if they get to state, just my opinion.

I could be wrong.

Let me add...top to bottom 7A is probably the toughest region, not the region where the best reside. Pickett Co. and Clarkrange are in the same district (along with perennial power Jackson Co.) , and are two of the best three or four in the state, yet the drop off is steep after the top. 8A had Middleton, TCA, and Mitchell...could be equal to (or better than) Dresden/Huntingdon, but after those three, the rest not up to par. South Greene figures to be the favorite at Murfreesboro, but no 1A team in the east has given them much of a challenge. 7A has a load of teams that, with a break here or there could be playing this weekend. Not saying that all are necessarily equal, just that there's not much drop off from the two remaining and the next three or four. My pick for the championship is still whomever survives between Pickett Co., Clarkrange, and South Greene.

I could be wrong.

Region 7-A does not match up well with the rest of the state, just to be honest... Single A in West TN doesn't match up well with the rest of the state... here's my reasoning...

Clarkrange has a 6'4 post player who nobody in the state can stop in Single A, scored 45 on Pickett County the other night. In my opinion, will probably win Miss Basketball. All of the teams left out here, with the exception of Middleton, rely on half-court basketball.

Pickett County is run and gun with tons of shooters. In my opinion, they are just better than everyone out here. Same can be said with South Greene.

I do agree 7A is competitive, but I feel safe in saying that if Pickett, Clarkrange, or South Greene were in that region, they'd win it going away.

Edited by GCPioneer

I could be wrong.

Region 7A sending two to the Boro. Sorry you feel that way Greenfield Fan....You should support whomever comes out of Region. Hopefully if you guys get there, the other District/Region supporters will support your team. That's called sportmanship. Go Represent 7A and do what you can do. 

Superfan14A, you were quick to pound me for my opinion, now I wonder if you will respond. Just because I voiced my opinion on our region didn't mean I was pulling against us. I support all our local teams but I will call a spade a spade when I give my opinion. I'm not a homer.

Great season Dresden and Huntingdon, you represented us well.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Superfan14A, you were quick to pound me for my opinion, now I wonder if you will respond. Just because I voiced my opinion on our region didn't mean I was pulling against us. I support all our local teams but I will call a spade a spade when I give my opinion. I'm not a homer.

Great season Dresden and Huntingdon, you represented us well.

I said the same thing you did... Dresden and Huntingdon were good for our area, but the reality is, basketball was way down in West TN this year.

I said the same thing you did... Dresden and Huntingdon were good for our area, but the reality is, basketball was way down in West TN this year.

That is going to change. Gibson County will have the same team with the exception of one for two years straight. They will be very deep with lots of talent. Just will be young. GC also has a really good Junior High class coming in in 2018. TCA, Greenfield, Huntingdon is young as well. Edited by pioneer42

That is going to change. Gibson County will have the same team with the exception of one for two years straight. They will be very deep with lots of talent. Just will be young. GC also has a really good Junior High class coming in in 2018. TCA, Greenfield, Huntingdon is young as well.

I've figured out that if you're going to win a state championship in Single A... you have to have atleast one division 1 player.... the only Single A team coming up with any Div. 1 players is Greenfield - Darby, Moore. The rural area of West TN is behind right now when compared to the rest of the state. Basketball is a year round sport if you have interest in winning state championships. Edited by GCPioneer