2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

I think Clarkrange is in the best side of the bracket to advance.  Huntingdon will meet them in the semi's if they are as good as advertised.  Whoever wins that game with SG vs. PC will take the other side of the bracket.  Interesting that Clarkrange lost to Oneida in the regular season (I know, that was officially their worse possible game....right?).  Still if it plays into anyones head, Clarkrange beat PC three times I think, and SG torched Hampton every time they played them and Hampton beat Oneida by one in the same gym where Clarkrange didn't get it done.  Of course....previous scores don't mean a hill of beans because each game brings a new set of circumstances.  I am certain that Clarkrange has improved tremendously.....but SG has gotten it done all year and they are still rolling.  If I was betting cash.....I'd put all my money of the defending champs (South Greene) because they have ALL the players back that got them the Gold Ball last year.  Smart money has to be on them.

Kaza Khan

Seriously you just did this comparison after Clarkrange beat Oneida by 50 the next time they met?  Which was the last time they met i might add????  Clarkrange has played Oneida 60-70 times over the last 30 years and  I bet you can count on one hand how many times Oneida has beaten them during that time span!  Come on brother you're better than that...

As for SG, they are the defending champs and until someone knocks them off they will still be the  champs.  I can guarantee you they didn't want to see Pickett in the first round.  PC was up late in the game last year and they are even better this year as i'm sure South Greene is.  This one is going to be a classic and I'll be front row to watch it!

UKnowit......would you think most everyone is a cupcake to South Greene?  lol  I'm just kidding with ya.  Your girls played well Saturday....congratulations on the win.  It was certainly an entertaining game of basketball.  Good luck...!

Kaz

SG girls basketball is like Memphis Mitchell on the boy's side...A different level 

Your right.....they have only beat Clarkrange only 4 or maybe 5 times total.  I don't think they have played anywhere close to 60 or 70 games in their history.  Of course I am assuming you are trying to make your number as impressive as you can.  I don't argue in any point that CR has been dominant in the series (they have).  Still....something is in the water as of late because in the last two seasons the record is 2-2.  I'm not implying in any way CR isn't a excellent team (Duh, they are in the state tournament), I am saying they are beatable by numerous teams there or they would not have lost to such an inferior team. (we get it Oneida sucks....Buff's walk on water)(yada yada yada)  Fact remains.....they dropped one that (according to you) they never should have lost....!

Want another fact.....I would say they are thanking the heavens that PC has first crack at SG.  Of all the games on the slate....absolutely no one wanted South Green....!  Including CR

Ease up bro.....we all get the 7A "thing".....it is your earth and we are all just hanging in it.! :blush:

Kazzy :thumb:

Your right.....they have only beat Clarkrange only 4 or maybe 5 times total. I don't think they have played anywhere close to 60 or 70 games in their history. Of course I am assuming you are trying to make your number as impressive as you can. I don't argue in any point that CR has been dominant in the series (they have). Still....something is in the water as of late because in the last two seasons the record is 2-2. I'm not implying in any way CR isn't a excellent team (Duh, they are in the state tournament), I am saying they are beatable by numerous teams there or they would not have lost to such an inferior team. (we get it Oneida sucks....Buff's walk on water)(yada yada yada) Fact remains.....they dropped one that (according to you) they never should have lost....!

Want another fact.....I would say they are thanking the heavens that PC has first crack at SG. Of all the games on the slate....absolutely no one wanted South Green....! Including CR

Ease up bro.....we all get the 7A "thing".....it is your earth and we are all just hanging in it.! :blush:

Ok. Clarkrange's Miss Basketball finalist missed all last season with a knee injury and was no where near form during first Oneida game. I think your comparisons of those game scores are a little jaded. She is getting better and better every game and obviously the second go around with Oneida showed that. Clarkrange needs her to win but she needs her team as well. When the role players are clicking, Clarkrange will be hard to beat! No one will stop Meadows in the boro this week. She's that good.

I think Clarkrange is in the best side of the bracket to advance.  Huntingdon will meet them in the semi's if they are as good as advertised.  Whoever wins that game with SG vs. PC will take the other side of the bracket.  Interesting that Clarkrange lost to Oneida in the regular season (I know, that was officially their worse possible game....right?).  Still if it plays into anyones head, Clarkrange beat PC three times I think, and SG torched Hampton every time they played them and Hampton beat Oneida by one in the same gym where Clarkrange didn't get it done.  Of course....previous scores don't mean a hill of beans because each game brings a new set of circumstances.  I am certain that Clarkrange has improved tremendously.....but SG has gotten it done all year and they are still rolling.  If I was betting cash.....I'd put all my money of the defending champs (South Greene) because they have ALL the players back that got them the Gold Ball last year.  Smart money has to be on them.

Kaza Khan

Clarkrange beat Pickett the first two times... Pickett was up 11 at half before imploding on Clarkrange tiny home floor... and at Pickett on a last second buzzer beater. Pickett avenged both losses in District final by 9 and Regional final by 4 (PC was up 14 in the fourth). SG loves to press and so does PC.... PC plays 5 guards at all times...

This one may be a race to 100

Your right.....they have only beat Clarkrange only 4 or maybe 5 times total.  I don't think they have played anywhere close to 60 or 70 games in their history.  Of course I am assuming you are trying to make your number as impressive as you can.  I don't argue in any point that CR has been dominant in the series (they have).  Still....something is in the water as of late because in the last two seasons the record is 2-2.  I'm not implying in any way CR isn't a excellent team (Duh, they are in the state tournament), I am saying they are beatable by numerous teams there or they would not have lost to such an inferior team. (we get it Oneida sucks....Buff's walk on water)(yada yada yada)  Fact remains.....they dropped one that (according to you) they never should have lost....!

Want another fact.....I would say they are thanking the heavens that PC has first crack at SG.  Of all the games on the slate....absolutely no one wanted South Green....!  Including CR

Just for clarification purposes clarkrange has won 50 meetings and lost 2 prior to this year against Oneida. Years 1977-2015.

Are you sure it is two?  I thought we had won a few prior to the year we won the state.  I won't argue your point because I honest have no idea.  Let's get to present day....CR is a very good team but they are not on the same caliber of the teams up on their gym wall.  Seriously, would the be the first team with 10 losses to have won the state in their history.  Again, this is just a question......I have no intent to ruffle your horns. (so to speak)  If THIS CR team wins the state it will be a great accomplishment and as I have stated before....the side of the bracket they are on is probably the best route to the title game.  PC is very good too.....they have no time to settle into this game.  They are going to have to be on their horse or it will be a quick trip. 

Kazo

All the teams that made it are obviously good teams or wouldn't be where they are. Sure there are a couple teams with better records, star players, etc but its anyone's tournament to win. Even for the better teams it only takes one bad game to send you home. All the teams should be respected and let's all enjoy some good single A ball this week. Safe trip to everyone.