Region 7-1A 2017

2 hours ago, fallguy17 said:

I no longer have a dog in this race. But I keep up with the 7A teams. I had figured The Lions would take the region title again this year, with the Falcons nipping at their heels. However, after info I got today and the fact these two meet 3 games into the the season, the Falcons get crowned Region Champions this year.

That don't sound good for the Lions. 

My Dresden connections are like crickets these days. Think we have started with the remember the 2016 team and how great they were talk. lol Heck I've got a nephew playing and still don't hear anything. With the loss of all those seniors along with the coach I really don't know what to expect. Sounds like LC is stout, Dresden should be but I'm a little worried at the moment.

1 minute ago, ysoangry said:

My Dresden connections are like crickets these days. Think we have started with the remember the 2016 team and how great they were talk. lol Heck I've got a nephew playing and still don't hear anything. With the loss of all those seniors along with the coach I really don't know what to expect. Sounds like LC is stout, Dresden should be but I'm a little worried at the moment.

I think LC will be improved and hopefully better than I'm expecting but feel like they are a year away from really making a splash. I said in an earlier post that I may be a homer but was going to with LC this year simply because Dresden  lost a lot from what I was reading .I kept seeing people saying they had guys got a lot of playing time because the starters were pulled early last year in games. But Dresden lost some studs. Just scrimmages and maybe Dresden coach is experimenting to see what he has. They very well could still be the team to beat though. By reading, looks like several teams has quite a bit of returning starters so could be an interesting year. Plus with Single A teams ,a  key injury could also come into play.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I think LC will be improved and hopefully better than I'm expecting but feel like they are a year away from really making a splash. I said in an earlier post that I may be a homer but was going to with LC this year simply because Dresden  lost a lot from what I was reading .I kept seeing people saying they had guys got a lot of playing time because the starters were pulled early last year in games. But Dresden lost some studs. Just scrimmages and maybe Dresden coach is experimenting to see what he has. They very well could still be the team to beat though. By reading, looks like several teams has quite a bit of returning starters so could be an interesting year. Plus with Single A teams ,a  key injury could also come into play.

I don't know squat other than what I see you guys put on here, but it sounds like what Dresden lost besides seniors is leadership. I'm sure it's a work in progress when you lose that many guys to graduation. They were a very good bunch as I witnessed in the semi's. I'm also sure they get it together to the best of their potential when all said and done. Our preseason at Wayne County last year wasn't pretty at all. As one coach put it, "we were in the sewer up past our necks."  We eventually came on. 

Dresden still has several returning play makers. I think they can be a good team but a typical one A team. Going to have holes on both sides of the ball that can be exploited but also going to make plays. Only time will tell for sure. If Dresden doesn't make a run I hope our region is represented well and I'll be a fan of whoever it is. As long as WC spanks Huntingdon in their region the world will be good. lol  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Dresden still has several returning play makers. I think they can be a good team but a typical one A team. Going to have holes on both sides of the ball that can be exploited but also going to make plays. Only time will tell for sure. If Dresden doesn't make a run I hope our region is represented well and I'll be a fan of whoever it is. As long as WC spanks Huntingdon in their region the world will be good. lol  

I hope The Mustanks get mercy ruled!!!

Dresden is still the favorite to win region.  I really believe the falcons will play Dresden twice this year. Dresden will be a good team. The falcons are young and talented but it may take them awhile to adjust. LC if healthy could be very dangerous by the end of the year. Play Halls the first game and that will be rough.  Halls is a rival and return alot of starters from last year.

6 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I like your thinking. 

26 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Dresden is still the favorite to win region.  I really believe the falcons will play Dresden twice this year. Dresden will be a good team. The falcons are young and talented but it may take them awhile to adjust. LC if healthy could be very dangerous by the end of the year. Play Halls the first game and that will be rough.  Halls is a rival and return alot of starters from last year.

Halls is down...they are just hoping to enjoy their meal at boyettes...remember I have the inside scoop on them