Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

DB fans used to be all over this board until SH started stomping them in the ground and began their own streak. Then, aside from 3-4 fans, they just kind of disappeared.

You can look back about 6 or 8 years ago and I wrote that the one school that will give DB a problem in the future is SH.I can remember the jokes at the football banquet about how coach Carter couldn't beat us at South and it wasn't any different now.That was early and I new  that joke was going to bite back at some point .SH just needed someone to get it's athletes out and coach them.I'm not saying they couldn't take it up another notch ,the same as DB could.These two schools should never have competition in this part of the state with their size and athletes.Really there isn't a reason they shouldn't compete for a state title every year.DB use to be very strong  15 years ago but just couldn't finish the job.I told a friend a couple days ago who has had kids play for the Tribe. DB "should" have plenty of depth and strength to take on any team they play this year, and still could.This is a very strong schedule for an average DB team but if it's not,this should have been a great DB team.No need to throw in the towel if they do lose a couple,but there should be no early exit in the playoffs

10 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

You can look back about 6 or 8 years ago and I wrote that the one school that will give DB a problem in the future is SH.I can remember the jokes at the football banquet about how coach Carter couldn't beat us at South and it wasn't any different now.That was early and I new  that joke was going to bite back at some point .SH just needed someone to get it's athletes out and coach them.I'm not saying they couldn't take it up another notch ,the same as DB could.These two schools should never have competition in this part of the state with their size and athletes.Really there isn't a reason they shouldn't compete for a state title every year.DB use to be very strong  15 years ago but just couldn't finish the job.I told a friend a couple days ago who has had kids play for the Tribe. DB "should" have plenty of depth and strength to take on any team they play this year, and still could.This is a very strong schedule for an average DB team but if it's not,this should have been a great DB team.No need to throw in the towel if they do lose a couple,but there should be no early exit in the playoffs

I actually remember your post from yrs ago. You definitely called it. For years I couldn't understand for the life of me what was wrong with the football program at SH. Then, I found that a large number of the better athletes in the school weren't even on the football team. The football team was seen as a joke therefore a lot of kids didn't want to be apart of it. The program had a loser mentality. 

I know Coach Carter gets some flack from rival schools but I don't feel it's deserved. He's a good man, great coach and his players respect him. He's completely turned the program around at SH. And yes, maybe they're not exactly where the could/should be but they've come an awfully long way from where they were. And Coach Carter and his staff deserve all the credit for that. 

I agree that SH and DB should rule this area and be in the state title hunt ever year. They have the athletes and resources. But the truth is, we just can't seem to find a way to get through Knoxville and Nashville. The coaching and athletes are just a little bit better. It is what it is.

7 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

I actually remember your post from yrs ago. You definitely called it. For years I couldn't understand for the life of me what was wrong with the football program at SH. Then, I found that a large number of the better athletes in the school weren't even on the football team. The football team was seen as a joke therefore a lot of kids didn't want to be apart of it. The program had a loser mentality. 

I know Coach Carter gets some flack from rival schools but I don't feel it's deserved. He's a good man, great coach and his players respect him. He's completely turned the program around at SH. And yes, maybe they're not exactly where the could/should be but they've come an awfully long way from where they were. And Coach Carter and his staff deserve all the credit for that. 

I agree that SH and DB should rule this area and be in the state title hunt ever year. They have the athletes and resources. But the truth is, we just can't seem to find a way to get through Knoxville and Nashville. The coaching and athletes are just a little bit better. It is what it is.

Your right,there is no lack of money and there have been some great athletes come out of DB and SH.Some of the best in the world at different sports.It can be done from a team in this area,I've got a couple of Devil championship shirts at the house.