• Clay County
    • Gordonsville
    • Jo Byrns
    • Monterey
    • Pickett Co.
    • Red Boiling Springs
    • RePublic

6 hours ago, TALMAD said:

This Region is not a strong hold by no means! Gville will be the meat of it! Monterey played Harriman yesterday and we are a young team with the exception of our skills positions! 2nd to 5th in the Region will be up for grabs! I think any of them can beat each other! I'm just ready to get it started! Scrimmages don't tell me much because I know the starters get yanked early to get some play time for the up and comers! Good luck to everyone this year! Even ye old charter school!

Yea I don't know much about 1 or 2a ball. I just check on a few teams 

Jo Byrns looked pretty good against Stewart Co. last night (35-0, first string).  We're definitely better than we were last year.  What does that mean for this season; who knows?  I'd still put G'ville #1, they were 3 TD's better than JB last year.  If JB can stay healthy they should have a really good year.  I can't wait for the season to start!  

Edit: 4 TD's = 28 points not 35.  So it was 28-0 first string

Edited by MOTO24
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

Jo Byrns looked pretty good against Stewart Co. last night (35-0, first string).  We're definitely better than we were last year.  What does that mean for this season; who knows?  I'd still put G'ville #1, they were 3 TD's better than JB last year.  If JB can stay healthy they should have a really good year.  I can't wait for the season to start!  

Didn't JB scrimmage Watertown? How did that go? I can speak to Watertown's perspective, but I'm anxious to hear a perspective from JB, as we play both.

Plus, I have a friendly wager on the Watertown-Gville game.

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

Thats a big improvement from last year! They have to feel pretty good about the season if you're beating a 3A school that soundly. Good luck this year

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

Didn't JB scrimmage Watertown? How did that go? I can speak to Watertown's perspective, but I'm anxious to hear a perspective from JB, as we play both.

Plus, I have a friendly wager on the Watertown-Gville game.

I didn't go Croz so I can't say for sure.  I was told Watertown couldn't move the ball on us at all.  That's about all I know.  I don't know the score.

1 hour ago, buckeyeball said:

Thats a big improvement from last year! They have to feel pretty good about the season if you're beating a 3A school that soundly. Good luck this year

Yes it is.  I think last year's scrimmage was a tie.  I know SC isn't a top-tier 3A school but they beat them pretty good so I'll take it.  

After watching our boys in the Harriman Scrimmage we tied 2-2 but definitely a young line! Moving the ball on ground was not as good as I hoped but maybe our passing game will open up more now! Glad to see u on here Moto! From what it sounds you guys are going to be battle out with gville for the top spot! Good luck to all you guys!