Offishull Catholick att Mairvul thread

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, Shmeat01 said:

Serious question, what makes Maryville so good as a team? Coaching? Optimism? Athletes?      I really want to get a better breakdown of the highly respected Maryville program.

could b cause them tinheads down the street want allow no more than bout 650 in the hallways.......or its just darn good sippin water in that area of Blount County

Booger just sayin:D

11 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

That Cade Mays feller posted a photo of him pancaking some little low number feller on the magic twitter box. He said, "Break their will" So I guess #6 for the team with the gold Superman "S" on their helmet was named Will. Do we have any players named Will this year?

You guys got it wrong it was not #6 but #65 a stone memorial OL.

Looking forward to Friday.   

2 hours ago, Compton said:

I've been bitter against Maryville since 12' quarterfinals against db. I felt like db was never giving a realistic chance to win. 2 bogus, mysterious flags that return a td, and great field position by Malik Foreman on a kickoff return. I don't think the game was decided between the players, the refs took charge of that game. I'm not saying db was the better team, it was some home cooking. I thought about it at work tonight, my bitterness has been aim in the wrong direction, should have at the official, instead i took it out on the players. I will admit when I've been petty an this is that time. These kids today at Maryville has nothing to do with back in 12'. From here on out i have no quarrels with Maryville, may the best team win.

Home cooking in a playoff game?? 

8 hours ago, Compton said:

I've been bitter against Maryville since 12' quarterfinals against db. I felt like db was never giving a realistic chance to win. 2 bogus, mysterious flags that return a td, and great field position by Malik Foreman on a kickoff return. I don't think the game was decided between the players, the refs took charge of that game. I'm not saying db was the better team, it was some home cooking. I thought about it at work tonight, my bitterness has been aim in the wrong direction, should have at the official, instead i took it out on the players. I will admit when I've been petty an this is that time. These kids today at Maryville has nothing to do with back in 12'. From here on out i have no quarrels with Maryville, may the best team win.

Officials in playoff games are brought in from areas other than from where the two teams are located.   Crying "home cooking" by officials during a playoff game is nothing more than sour grapes.  

Grapes are best used to make wine.  Not for whining.  

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Officials in playoff games are brought in from areas other than from where the two teams are located.   Crying "home cooking" by officials during a playoff game is nothing more than sour grapes.  

Grapes are best used to make wine.  Not for making excuses.  

We always try and find out what association the officials are from during the playoffs. Some of them have a hard time keeping up with the speed of the game, depending on where they are from. This is usually based on what offenses they are used to seeing and what classification they normally call. We had a Wyatt Earp lookalike side judge a few years back who was absolutely terrible our way. Compton: when you lose a state championship on a controversial call, come back and we'll talk

Edited by Red Rebels
typo