Dresden verses Westview

ysoangry

Glad this was a slug-fest fight, a back & forth battle. Neither team letting up, both teams had mistakes & big plays on both sides of the ball, with pure fight & tenacity on both teams. Proud of both teams, and extra happy our Lions got that first W. .. And man oh man, there are some true freshmen & underclassmen who are playing lights out, with last year's upperclassmen leading the way. Opponents can't go by last years team. We have a new coach with new offence & strategy, new defensive schemes, new players with diff skill sets. Put it together, and it looks like Lions are on the verge of being able to do what the best teams do almost yearly... We are not rebuilding, just reloading. Two or three deep we can tap their shoulder, send them in to play and there's hardly any let-up. This first win don't get a gold ball, however, even as one penny is the first step to a million dollars, so is this win the first step to their own gold & rings that awaits at the end of their journey. Next step is the game at Spring Hill, this Fri. at 7:.00.  After enjoying this win men, laser focus in on preparing for next team. Give Spring Hill the "Dresden experience" too. Beast mode team!

Dresden is a good team but they are not even close to the team they were last year. Nobody in their right mind would think they could be. Dresden had a once in a lifetime team last year. Remember Westview was an 0 and 10 team last year. Westview looked somewhat improved but they will struggle to win many games this year. Like I said Dresden is a good team but in my opinion the streak will come to and end this regular season.

20 hours ago, TitleTown21 said:

I got a question. Not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything, but what in the world has happen to all the talent at West View ? I mean they use to be a perianal 8 wins or better team every year. Always was big and fielded great athletes. What has happened ? Its mind boggling to me how much of drop off its been in the last handful of years   

I saw Westview at a Jamboree in McKenzie a couple weeks ago ,think it was their JV team and the quarterback looked pretty good but they had a couple good running backs. One looked really good, the bigger back of the 2 backs.