Alcoa travels to Grace Christian

BCsportsfan

The Alcoa Tornadoes get their 2017 Season started with a Thursday night game with a fimilar foe in Coach Rusty Bradley. Like all CRB teams they will play with 100% heart. 

Coach Nix vs Coach Bradley......Alcoa defense vs the Rams Offense. Alcoa gets the edge. Alcoa on offense will stay basic and pound the rock. Depth in the 3rd & 4th qtr. will favor the Tornadoes. 

Good luck....and hoping for a clean injury free game!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

The Alcoa Tornadoes get their 2017 Season started with a Thursday night game with a fimilar foe in Coach Rusty Bradley. Like all CRB teams they will play with 100% heart. 

Coach Nix vs Coach Bradley......Alcoa defense vs the Rams Offense. Alcoa gets the edge. Alcoa on offense will stay basic and pound the rock. Depth in the 3rd & 4th qtr. will favor the Tornadoes. 

Anxious to see how Grace looks under Coach Bradley.   I'll bet the QB was glad to see him get the job.   He's had some very productive ones in the past.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

I agree whole heartedly with the last line. You're right about playing with heart too....they love this coaching staff! Heck, we all do, and not for the x's and o's. This group of men are truly a blessing to each of us wanting our kids to experience what being coached by disciplined, Godly men is all about.

It'll be a packed house Thursday night....better come early and grab a burger and a seat. Man, I can't believe Week 1 is finally here! And, I'm sure glad we can call it WEEK ONE again!

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

After watching GCA it will be interesting for a while then Alcoa's physical play and depth will win this one as you have pointed out.Smallest GCA team I have seen in a while but the get to the ball fast.Alcoa is no Hampton and will win by at least 4 scores. 

I agree with the posts to some extent. Alcoa as always seems to reload, not rebuild. They have a deep stable of great players and that's no secret. They are big and quick.  What I think is a secret is that GCA as a team is flying a little under the radar. They have had some extreme conditioning this spring and summer and I don't think that conditioning will come into effect until much later in the game than expected. We don't have the depth of Alcoa and that's no newspaper headline. We are smaller as a team than most years, but they are stronger and have the most heart and "bought in" attitudes than any GCA teams I've seen in a while. This game for GCA as a team, will not be judged by what the scoreboard says, but by if the team plays every snap to the fullness of their ability and collapse physically exhausted and contented from giving their best at the end of the game.

Alcoa is a great prolific football program with a great fanbase. They are a class act in all aspects of the game. It should be a great night. Both sides have worked hard for this night since last November. I hope that both teams remain healthy and safe travels for Alcoa on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Warriors2011 said:

Will this game be on TV?  I just assumed since it's Thursday that it was the Rivalry Thursday game but noticed that is Anderson County vs. Carter.  If not on TV, why did it get scheduled for Thursday?  Just curious.

I think it is being carried by Diamond Vision but you might want to check but I watched the Blount County Jamboree last week on that and they said Diamond Vision was carrying Alcoa games this year.