Lexington @ SGC.

ManOfMillions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Solomon said:

So....what happened?

I only listened on and off, but what I heard coupled with what the announcers (Lexington's) said, tells me that Lexington doesn't have the line nor the backs of years past. QB gained some yardage on occasion, but the next play would be a bust with little or no gain. SGC probably has improved on defense too...giving up just 54 yards barely before halftime is excellent against almost anyone.

SGC came out firing on all cylinders. They won on offense, defense, and special teams. The second touchdown came in trash time against our 3s. So the game was really a 5 TD running clock. 

Lexington didn't execute very well at all. Im not going to take a ton away from this game because it is week one. Lexington is always good and they simply did not play well tonight. Lexington brought a great crowd to the game. Good luck the the big red machine the rest of the year! 

SGC on the other hand looked like they were ready to play with anyone in the region. We shall see this is why I love high school football. You just never know. 

Its final 

SGC 34

LEX 14

On 8/14/2017 at 8:27 PM, ReitzFan said:

I told you what you NEEDED to know.  Lexington will win.  

SGC - 34

Lexington - 14

FINAL

Just in case you missed the first post. 

Good luck to your Lions this year. Last score I heard y'all took JCS to the wood shed. 

I would like to get in on the breakfast. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

15 hours ago, LexVegas said:

And we threw it more than we have ever last year.

If North Side scored their 2 point conversion on their final TD, NS would've won. Chester County did the same exact thing in Henderson, and didn't convert. I believe that game went into OT. Anyhow, Lexington stopped them and that was history.

However, our region, 6-4A, will be down and I mean DOWN!!! I don't think any of us will win 7 games. Hardin County may have the best chance. 

11 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

SGC - 34

Lexington - 14

FINAL

Just in case you missed the first post. 

Good luck to your Lions this year. Last score I heard y'all took JCS to the wood shed. 

I would like to get in on the breakfast. 

Well, I will eat my crow on this game and said so on the radio last night.  Traditionally, Lexington is a powerhouse.  So that is what I go by there.  I have seen SGC, once live and once on tape, and had not been impressed.  SGC got a nice win.  Now, they need to keep that kind of effort up all season long.