Lexington @ SGC.

ManOfMillions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Lexington probably wins. Their QB is small but very quick, and makes good decisions on the fly. the Tigers defense is pretty good up front, but Adamsville got behind them almost every time they threw long. One long completion, another that would have been a TD except the receiver had to turn back for the ball, and a third just off the WR's fingers that would have been an easy score. The Safety's play up and are slow to help to the sidelines, unless the coaches get that fixed this week. If South Gibson tries to get the corner, it will be a long night...Lexington's defense is good sideline to sideline, and good enough up the middle. Adamsville had some success straight at them, but the Cardinals line is stout, and the backs run hard. if the Hornets mix it up and are adept in the passing game, it could be a good game.

So.......same ol' same ol'?

On 8/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, BigEdMo said:

Sorry Reitz I have to disagree with the pick. SG beat USJ in their final scrimmage. They ran the ball right at them. Lexington may have speed but the SG running back can get the corner. I do not think Lexingingtin will be able to handle all of the miss direction that SG will throw at them. SG 14 Lexington 10. 

TRIPLE OPTION!!!!!   Its really really really hard to teach or coach up but...... If you can its really hard to stop. Im looking forward to a great game. I do not think the game will be a blow out in either directions. Im sticking to my original thought SGC in a close game.

3 hours ago, Solomon said:

So.......same ol' same ol'?

Could be worse, or could be better. Not evading the question, just giving an honest evaluation. If he stays healthy, the QB could be special...top speed is good, but you won't find quicker or shiftier anyplace, and throws on target. Durability could be a problem though, not picking on little guys at all, but he's slightly built and runs it often. A good passing team will give 'em fits unless some things change.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I heard Lexington beat adamsville in a jamboree last Friday. That tells me they are a pretty good team. We play both you guys later in the year so I wonder if anyone will make their way over to do some scouting??  My heart says SG but my head says Lexington. 

Oh yes, win the jamboree and couple that with Lexington aura makes it certain the gold ball will reside there in December.

Maybe a little over the top on my part but still waiting on that Lexington breakthrough. 

4 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Oh yes, win the jamboree and couple that with Lexington aura makes it certain the gold ball will reside there in December.

Maybe a little over the top on my part but still waiting on that Lexington breakthrough. 

Yes. Very over the top on your part.  Lexington goes 2 or 3 rds deep in the 4A playoffs every year. My point was simply that a 3A team that has NEVER won a playoff game will have their hands full. Let me add I don't like Lexington very much. 

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes. Very over the top on your part.  Lexington goes 2 or 3 rds deep in the 4A  playoffs most every year. My point was simply that a 3A that has NEVER won a playoff game will have their hands full. Let me add I don't like Lexington very much. 

2 or 3 rounds deep is exactly my point. Is that the standard? Does that satisfy the fan base? I'm not talking about the game Friday I'm talking about year after year of 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs with no gold balls. Lexington, in years past, had some pretty confident posters predicting ending the season in the boro or Cookeville but only gets 2 or 3 rounds deep.

1 hour ago, plumb69 said:

2 or 3 rounds deep is exactly my point. Is that the standard? Does that satisfy the fan base? I'm not talking about the game Friday I'm talking about year after year of 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs with no gold balls. Lexington, in years past, had some pretty confident posters predicting ending the season in the boro or Cookeville but only gets 2 or 3 rounds deep.

Not taking sides here, but the Lexington posters were admittedly kids. The lone Tiger supporter who was respectful and sensible (forgive me if I've forgotten someone) was allstatekicker, and he has continued posting.

For the argument of going 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs every year, any teams not named Maryville or Alcoa should accept that without shame. Sustained success isn't an accident, and (no offense) SGC hasn't figured out how to do that just yet. I gave an honest assessment of Lexington as I saw them, and admittedly have no knowledge of this years Hornets at all...the reason I said that Lexington probably wins is the same as BPM's thinking, that until something changes, you should expect the norm.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not taking sides here, but the Lexington posters were admittedly kids. The lone Tiger supporter who was respectful and sensible (forgive me if I've forgotten someone) was allstatekicker, and he has continued posting.

For the argument of going 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs every year, any teams not named Maryville or Alcoa should accept that without shame. Sustained success isn't an accident, and (no offense) SGC hasn't figured out how to do that just yet. I gave an honest assessment of Lexington as I saw them, and admittedly have no knowledge of this years Hornets at all...the reason I said that Lexington probably wins is the same as BPM's thinking, that until something changes, you should expect the norm.

I am a SGC guy to the core. Thanks for your fair thoughts. The triple option is nasty if you have the players to run it.... IF and that's a big IF. SGC returns a huge senior class and should give the big red machine a run for there money. I hope SGC pulls this one out but this is why we play the games! Thanks tradertwo

43 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I am a SGC guy to the core. Thanks for your fair thoughts. The triple option is nasty if you have the players to run it.... IF and that's a big IF. SGC returns a huge senior class and should give the big red machine a run for there money. I hope SGC pulls this one out but this is why we play the games! Thanks tradertwo

You just said it "the triple option is nasty if you have the players to run it.." Lexington had those players previous years with Johnson as their QB and Tisdale and Hollingsworth as RB's and Gilliam as their WR. Since they lost a QB who was probably the biggest QB (built wise) in WTN, a RB that is tall and was extremely hard to stop in Tisdale. Don't think they have enough this year, but I do think they have enough for Friday.

Lexington's problem in previous years was that the offense was so run heavy, that they still ran the ball being down 2 TD's in the 4th Q, honestly came predictable. Tough to be down by 14 in the 4th if your team is a offense that specializes in running the ball and only running.

8 hours ago, plumb69 said:

You are exactly right we are definitely talking about 2 completely different things. While I was only speaking of this particular game I will admit you are right about Lexingtons past posters. But honestly they were probably kids. None of them are still posters today. I just tried to overlook them because I could see their immaturity. 

12 hours ago, plumb69 said:

Depends on who you talk to. Admittedly I am 300 miles removed, but there have been a couple of years I've thought the talent was there in what I did see.

I just don't think you can run a simple wing t and a base cover 3 defense and beat the good Memphis or middle tn teams in November. The step up in competition is too great.