Mairvul goes two Okelund

STARSNBARS

54 minutes ago, Compton said:

Htv i just need to clear the air and then you have my word i am out. Yall complain about not having the starting qb. It doesn't matter who is at qb for Maryville, the rebels offense isn't base off good qb play, it's all dink and dunk passing, screening and trickery. Just like alabama it doesn't matter who's at qb, yall could pull people from the stands to run that offense.

2 weeks ago i said catholic defensive end stay put, just contain, don't fall for rushing the qb, because some type of trickery is coming, the Oakland radio crew echo my exact words. But I'm so ignorant, i need to proofread, childish, I'm this, that and the other. I don't know what being intelligent has to do with x's and o's of football. 

I just crack the code on beating maryville. Let me coach mcminn county and we will win by 17. There's a play in the highlights video where Maryville qb looks left and all Oakland defense shift to the right, the qb spin around and pass it to the flanker on the right, but a defense coach by me wouldn't fall for that elementary move. Another play i think was originally called a draw, the qb didn't like the read, then cobb escape down the middle wide open, he's Maryville only threat all 22 eyes should have been on him at all times. I'm puzzled how yall keep getting by with a generic playbook. Rebel fans be glad Compton isn't a coach.

What's this "y'all" stuff?  I never complained about a thing.  

You cracked the code?  

Yeah, I am laughing now.  

Honor your word and go away and take your overinflated ego with you.  

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, HTV said:

What's this "y'all" stuff?  I never complained about a thing.  

You cracked the code?  

Yeah, I am laughing now.  

Honor your word and go away and take your overinflated ego with you.  

I know it was late Friday (early Saturday) but all I remember posting was congratulating Oakland. No complaining. Fully agree with your last sentence.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:01 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

I was really looking forward to this game.  I hate that I missed it.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.  I have a suspicion y'all will be playing each other again.

Now Maryville sees what we meant by Rutherford County is sort of tough and playing each other tends to produce lots of injuries at just the wrong time.  This plays right into the hands of teams from West Tn that do not have the same type of schedule.

Now that I see I might have to make the trip that way, what's good to eat at the stadium as I probably will have to take the bus. 

This is old news LOD , but I guess you didn't know that we were missing at least 5 Starters , including our D1 QB for the Oakland game . Unless Catholic has moved to Rutherford County I think the last 2 games has shown everyone that Playing these itty bitty East Tn teams can be pretty tough too . 

Hey,

I've been out of the loop for quite a while.  I wonder if Compton = that dude from Oak Ridge a few years ago. I can't remember his Coach T name, but I think he was Hitch on the radio call in shows.  Bladerunner?  can't for sure remember, but  I do recall he really resented me!

No, not the same dude, Compton lives in upper east TN or possibly in Va. I don't think Hitch does Coach T.  And Bladerunner is now runswithknife.  Ha Ha

4 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Hey,

I've been out of the loop for quite a while.  I wonder if Compton = that dude from Oak Ridge a few years ago. I can't remember his Coach T name, but I think he was Hitch on the radio call in shows.  Bladerunner?  can't for sure remember, but  I do recall he really resented me!

No, not the same dude, Compton lives in upper east TN or possibly in Va. I don't think Hitch does Coach T.  And Bladerunner is now runswithknife and he resents everybody.  Ha Ha

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, GovMan said:

Hey,

Compton lives in the Tri Cities about as much as I do. He's a local guy. Knows way to much about Maryville to not be. He just loves spreading his little Ray of sunshine around. 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:38 AM, Compton said:

Htv i just need to clear the air and then you have my word i am out. Yall complain about not having the starting qb. It doesn't matter who is at qb for Maryville, the rebels offense isn't base off good qb play, it's all dink and dunk passing, screening and trickery. Just like alabama it doesn't matter who's at qb, yall could pull people from the stands to run that offense.

2 weeks ago i said catholic defensive end stay put, just contain, don't fall for rushing the qb, because some type of trickery is coming, the Oakland radio crew echo my exact words. But I'm so ignorant, i need to proofread, childish, I'm this, that and the other. I don't know what being intelligent has to do with x's and o's of football. 

I just crack the code on beating maryville. Let me coach mcminn county and we will win by 17. There's a play in the highlights video where Maryville qb looks left and all Oakland defense shift to the right, the qb spin around and pass it to the flanker on the right, but a defense coach by me wouldn't fall for that elementary move. Another play i think was originally called a draw, the qb didn't like the read, then cobb escape down the middle wide open, he's Maryville only threat all 22 eyes should have been on him at all times. I'm puzzled how yall keep getting by with a generic playbook. Rebel fans be glad Compton isn't a coach.

what kind of trickery did Maryville use 2 week ago? Please enlighten me so more.

1 minute ago, Compton said:

Rw87, govman, oridgecat i live in bristol on the va side. If you live in the tricities our news covers va and tn sports, not so much anything past Morristown, that being said we are taught to care about sports in va and tn. If you grab a bristol, kingsport paper on Saturday morning u couldn't tell kingsport is in tn, with all the coverage of the va side. The stuff that i know about Maryville i get from reading the threads someone said i would be okay if i just talk about football instead of just taking shots, but i don't know enough about Maryville football too just basically limit it to just that. 

Yeah right 

29 minutes ago, Compton said:

Maryville probably didn't use any trick plays 2 weeks ago, but they have a playbook full of tricks. I would need to see the highlights of the Maryville, catholic game before i could break it down. You guys are well coach and it doesn't matter who yall plug in, that's why i don't think yall using how many starters were injured as an excuse. Maryville motto is next man up. You don't have to be a standout athlete to succeed in Maryville system, it's a college, pro style system the run at the ville. Something simple not really major, but the Maryville qb against Oakland drops back looks left for a second and as a defensive player your taught to follow the qb eyes, the defense committed to their right side that allow Maryville qb to turn around and hit an wide open man to his right side, not too many high school teams qb are being well coach like that.

There's many teams i could use for this example but i will just use science hill. If Quarles, hunt and the rest of the assistant coaches would have groom this years toppers team since the 3rd grade, then this toppers would be in Cookeville. This years Maryville team would be 5-5 at best without them. Maryville does have a lot of good athletes but it's 85% coaching at the ville.

once again you've shown your an idiot that doesn't really know jack about football.  Defensive players have keys, they ARE NEVER TAUGHT TO WATCH THE QB'S EYES-have you ever heard of the qb LOOKING SOMEBODY OFF??????!!  If your read comes to the qb your supposed to look at his lead shoulder and when his off hand drops, break on the ball!!!   go back to the IFL (IMAGINARY FOOTBALL LEAGUE) where your the freakin coach of the year, every year!!!

I've been reading some of this stuff and find it very interesting about the injuries, how everyone said before the game we were in fine shape with no problems, the guy named Compton explaining how Oakland used one safety because they knew we weren't a deep threat without Hopkins and pleading to the jury he lives in Bristol and the list goes on. 

My take on the injuries were three players from the defense that started against Catholic I noticed didn't play and on offense one of the linemen and QB didn't play. I saw someone today at the store that walked up to me and mentioned we had eight players out in that game but as to correct him I just smiled and listened. No doubt it hurt not having the starting QB but I sure wouldn't downgrade the boy who played second because he did a great job. I felt as though he were in the same situation as being at the Coliseum in Rome and thrown out to fight lions. For a defense to have three players out and played much better the second week than the first I sure can't complain there about injuries either. Injuries are just a part of the game and we did a great job considering but I don't blame that game on injuries. Also Oakland knew who wasn't playing. To many people in the know told that to them by mid week. Heck my mailman ask me about it Wednesday because his brother in Cookeville already knew it Tuesday. I watched the livestream and Stork mentioned that the first thing from a text.

Not sure who Compton is and and really care or anything much about a personal war with others on here or do I want to dig through the archives of Coach T to figure it out. He can't convince me Maryville is over as a winning program because it's not. Biggest thing I see that is hurting our program and others is the concerned parents that have chose for their kid not to play anymore football because of the the possibility of head injuries and I hate to say this but Maryville is in the perfect storm for that type parent. It has hurt the numbers some the past few years especially the junior high which feeds into the high school.  I passed by there this evening and looked over at the practice field and it's so noticeable and you know why. Also I was looking at the top ten teams in the state yesterday and I can't imagine Maryville not being one of the top five teams if they fell on their face.