OR @ DB

SweetScience

Yep, teams are going to stack the box and dare us to throw the ball.  Should allow some good opportunities outside and down the field.  We have some guys that are capable.  We just need to make it happen.  #2 did a great job last week creating plays with his legs while continuing to look down field.  We will need more of that too.  

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, WilleTheWildcat said:

I posted or meant to post the DB rushing yards. The 422 yards concern me. Can we hold the Tribe's rushing game? I am banking on DB not having a RB as good as Dykes and we will be okay.

Not to worry. If the run game is working for DB Clark will go directly to the pass.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

For oak ridge fans. Jordan Graham wasn't utalized the correct way! I'm looking forward to seeing him break loose Friday. If oak ridge loses it will be because lack of coaching 

(I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes).  HV's gameplan was to take Jordan out of the game by keying on him.  Wherever he went, they went.  Reason we scored on the first play and the reason Romano was able to get the space to run.  In all fairness, I would have like to see us run more screens with Jordan as the receiver.

21 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

(I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes).  HV's gameplan was to take Jordan out of the game by keying on him.  Wherever he went, they went.  Reason we scored on the first play and the reason Romano was able to get the space to run.  In all fairness, I would have like to see us run more screens with Jordan as the receiver.

No reason to regret your opinion on Jordan vs HVA. I think you stated what happened clearly and precisely.

Screens make me nervous because I am slow to recognize them. I freak out when I see the DL running free after our QB and think the OL just messed up. Then when I see the play was meant to let the DL in I feel better LOL.

31 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Why will you regret your post?

Edited by catswild

SI, nothing wrong with that post.  Opinions are allowed, just not criticism.  ha ha.  Without naming names, what numbers do you expect our starting safeties to be wearing when we take the field this week.  Not that they didn't play well last week, I think one of  them may have been  on the field because of an injury to another player very early in the game.  

20 hours ago, ShellbackIndian said:

DB has a pretty formidable cast in the back field one in particular is Keyo Taylor I think he's 6-4 about 280 (he is listed 6-0, 240 It's definitely a misprint)  and he's just a sophomore. He didn't carry the ball much at Greeneville but when he did it had to be pretty scary for the other team the kid is a beast !  

Taylor had 10 carries for 37 yards.  Doesn't sound very scary.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

SI, nothing wrong with that post.  Opinions are allowed, just not criticism.  ha ha.  Without naming names, what numbers do you expect our starting safeties to be wearing when we take the field this week.  Not that they didn't play well last week, I think one of  them may have been  on the field because of an injury to another player very early in the game.  

Criticism is fine but coach bashing just for the sake of coach bashing makes you look like a fool. Just read the D-B thread every week. They sound like fools because they bash their coach every week...every year.

Edited by catswild

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Taylor had 10 carries for 37 yards.  Doesn't sound very scary.

I was thinking the same. I'm not going to dog the kid but he's certainly no beast of a RB. 

My prediction for Friday night: 

DB-35 OR-28

Edited by WBNC83