OR @ DB

SweetScience

4 minutes ago, Compton said:

SweetScience I'm not arguing your point, but your POV comes from a fan. Db is nowhere the program as Maryville but in the last 20 so years they have produced more d1 athletes than Maryville and many other programs have produced more d1 athletes than Maryville. Kids in sports got to have a selfish attitude because college programs look at numbers, lets face it. Maryville isn't selfish and that keeps them winning state and keeps the fans giving high fives in the stands but when it comes too where that athletes need more for tuition, then them same rebels fans that high five, they not high five their money to sed athlete tuition. Poverty is a rule issue. College scholarship is sometimes the only kids way out. Alot more nfl players would like to kneel like kaepernick, but does that kneeling provide for their families once their kick out the league.

Wasn't even talking about DB, but I get your point.

Edited by SweetScience

27 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

My answer to him not getting enough touches would be to get more open more often. If he does that it won't be too hard to find his 6'4 inch frame, I'm sure. It's that simple.

Promise you that wasn't the reasoning! Done with this tho! Don't hop on his bandwagon once they do get him the ball and he kills! Nothing more needed I'm all cats! I'll be there Friday 

38 minutes ago, Compton said:

SweetScience I'm not arguing your point, but your POV comes from a fan. Db is nowhere the program as Maryville but in the last 20 so years they have produced more d1 athletes than Maryville and many other programs have produced more d1 athletes than Maryville. Kids in sports got to have a selfish attitude because college programs look at numbers, lets face it. Maryville isn't selfish and that keeps them winning state and keeps the fans giving high fives in the stands but when it comes too where that athletes need more for tuition, then them same rebels fans that high five, they not high five their money to sed athlete tuition. Poverty is a rule issue. College scholarship is sometimes the only kids way out. Alot more nfl players would like to kneel like kaepernick, but does that kneeling provide for their families once their kick out the league.

What?

Remember this is the guy that had the sure fire can't miss game plan formula on how to beat Quarles and the Rebels.  Lol

15 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Promise you that wasn't the reasoning! Done with this tho! Don't hop on his bandwagon once they do get him the ball and he kills! Nothing more needed I'm all cats! I'll be there Friday 

I guess it's a conspiracy not to get him the ball then. I understand. I hope the kid does great personally. 

Everybody says football games are won upfront.DB should have huge advantage with their size.Its hard for anybody to get targets when the QB is running for his life.I cant tell u how many times when I played that the QB would throw to a player the play was not designed for.Is the primary open and pressure changes everything.Just go play and have fun."You play to win the game" in my Herm voice.It will all work itself out.Go Cats

17 hours ago, BVDevil said:

If my fellow Greene Devil fans see this post, I might get my Devil card taken, but DB had us on the ropes in the second quarter, going in for what would have been a 21 to 7 lead, but they turned it over and Greeneville scored to even it up at 14. DB still scored again to take  a 21 to 14 halftime lead. Greeneville gets the ball to open the second half and has to punt...a very poor punt if i remember correctly, giving DB the ball in greeneville territory......tipped pass picked off, Greeneville avoids going down 28-14, instead, evens it up again at 21 all and the rest as they say, is history. Obviously all of that stuff is part of the game and those turnovers didnt happen by DB justs handing the ball to the ref and saying " let greeneville have it back ", so my opinion is the better team over all won that game last friday..... If OR can keep it close, or even take a lead into the 4th, DB will fold up the tent and go back to the house. Their conditioning and weight program is either pathetic at DB, OR, Greeneville's is the best in the state, or some combo of both, because the team that had players all over the field going both ways, was clearly the strongest, most well conditioned team late in the game. I'd like to think it was because  our kids have the benefit of one of the best coaching staffs in the state. All that babble said and without having seen OR play, until DB does something to change my mind, I just dont think they get it done.

OR 28-24....( But i think the DB band wins in a rout at halftime )

BVDeezNuttz. Sorry to bust you're bubble. But the better team didn't win. The one that made fewer mistakes did. We didn't punt all nite.Made mistakes at bad times during the game. We were moving the ball up and down the field. Just poor judgment on a few plays. But if you and the devil faithful believe y'all had and have the better team. Y'all sure want at the same game I was at. But it is what it is. Congrats and good luck the rest of the yr and hope all works out like y'all want. Until next yr at J FRED. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WERDBYouMadBro said:

BVDeezNuttz. Sorry to bust you're bubble. But the better team didn't win. The one that made fewer mistakes did. We didn't punt all nite.Made mistakes at bad times during the game. We were moving the ball up and down the field. Just poor judgment on a few plays. But if you and the devil faithful believe y'all had and have the better team. Y'all sure want at the same game I was at. But it is what it is. Congrats and good luck the rest of the yr and hope all works out like y'all want. Until next yr at J FRED. 

my bad, let me rephrase it in way you and a few other DBesittinatOfer1 fans can understand better. Greeneville was incredibly lucky to even be on the same field as the great and powerful oz. If turnovers and penalties want ( i think you meant were not) allowed in the game of football, the score might have been 65 to 7. I just feel very fortunate to have been in the same air space as the great and powerful oz for just one night this year and look so very forward to getting to share it again next year up there in J fred, the most gorgeous place on gods earth.  Thanks again Indians for allowing us to learn a few things about the game of football and we will surely try our best tomorrow to apply that knowledge to the task at hand. I know you dont need it,  but I'll say it anyway. Good luck to you all tomorrow against another clearly inferior opponent.

Sincerely,

BVDangitfeelsgoodtobe1andOH

post script, It was good to see you again last week ole buddy, hope to see you back on youtube again some day, you made things interesting to say the least.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WERDBYouMadBro said:

The bottom line is who ends up with the most points.Does Greeneville want to play DB best of 10 ,don't think so.Doesn't matter,DB had the talent and multiple chances to put the game away and didn't do it.Sound fimiliar.Now,I can tell you right now that if  both DB and Greeneville play undisciplined football or turn the ball over against  Science Hill in the coming weeks,it could be the better team didn't win all over again or a lot worse.Before that,there is a little work for both teams tomorrow .

• Upvote 1

GAME DAY # 2! 

Still going with Oak Ridge 21 - 17.

An OR vs DB classic. OL has to be better than week one. DL must disrupt the DB massive OL and let the LBs get clean shots on the RBs. Herbert needs to be a monster. # 2,  # 12 and # 4 need to shine. It would be nice to see # 30 have a break out junior season game. I have a lot of faith in the kicking game.

Drive safe up to Kingsport guys. When you get home tell us all about the game. RWR! GRRRR!