Class 1A Poll

TheAmbassador

16 minutes ago, powerp said:

I would all but guarantee SP, Greenback, or Coalfield will represent the east and Huntingdon or WC for west. I know it would make it more difficult to win a title but I wish they had just 3 classes. It would make for better football in playoffs instead of easy wins the first 2-3 rounds. Combining 1&2A would bring good matchups.

That's what I think too. Not a lot of difference in 1A and 2A. You would still have the same teams battling to get to Cookeville from the East.

31 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Wayne County has a good team, but losing Rice hurts them. Huntingdon and Coalfield should represent in Cookeville, but you never know how things will shake out. 

Losing Rice hurt in one aspect but don't be surprised if the team as a whole is not better than last years. Last year had a lot of younger kids in starting rolls and they are playing at a high level. WC beat Loretto 46-10, started the game with two starters out with injuries and by halftime had lost the qb, a lineman and running back whom all three play both sides and never missed a beat. WC outscored Loretto 21-10 in first half and outscored them 25-0 in the second half. WC's depth goes way deeper than I thought it would. This group of juniors and seniors have always been a tight group and they know how to win so don't be surprised if they're still hanging around in the end

37 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Losing Rice hurt in one aspect but don't be surprised if the team as a whole is not better than last years. Last year had a lot of younger kids in starting rolls and they are playing at a high level. WC beat Loretto 46-10, started the game with two starters out with injuries and by halftime had lost the qb, a lineman and running back whom all three play both sides and never missed a beat. WC outscored Loretto 21-10 in first half and outscored them 25-0 in the second half. WC's depth goes way deeper than I thought it would. This group of juniors and seniors have always been a tight group and they know how to win so don't be surprised if they're still hanging around in the end

I won't be surprised. I have said all along that Huntingdon and Wayne County would decide the west. I'm not slighting them. I just think 2018 is a better shot for them to return to Cookeville. 

Sounds like Huntingdon could be the real deal this year and WC is always good. Dresden and Lake County should be the top of region 7. Dresden is more of a typical 1A team this year with youngsters needing to grow up in a hurry. Think we could be stout by years end but not sure if stout enough. My guess is Huntingdon or WC in the Ville from the west.  Beware of LC the next couple years though.