Class 1A Poll

TheAmbassador

57 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Sounds like Huntingdon could be the real deal this year and WC is always good. Dresden and Lake County should be the top of region 7. Dresden is more of a typical 1A team this year with youngsters needing to grow up in a hurry. Think we could be stout by years end but not sure if stout enough. My guess is Huntingdon or WC in the Ville from the west.  Beware of LC the next couple years though. 

I agree.LC is probably a year away from really having a great chance .Sophomore QB ,most linemen are sophomores ,a  junior running back and a sophomore running back. Soph. tight end and receiver .More  speed than what I thought and have more receivers than what I thought. and middle school has about 6 on this years team that will help in about 2 years. The middle school has a couple blazers at running back. One scored at will against Huntingdon middle school. Anyway. Just glad to be mentioned in the top 10.Game this week,then the number 1 team. Will find out then where we stand.

Will learn alot after this Friday night. Waverly is a very good team. If Mustangs dont cover the pass better than they did against McKenzie the Tigers will embarrass them. Huntingdon plays a brutal non region schedule (McKenzie Waverly Milan Camden) so they will be battle tested by the time Wayne Co rolls into town. Im fine with this poll. Dresden should be #1 until someone knocks them off. WC should be in front of Huntingdon until Swenson figures out a way to beat the Wildcats. These polls will figure themselves out....they always do

I know greenback lost a few but man it's hard to pick against that back they have.. he can change the whole landscape of a football game... single handedly. The east will have the same 3 teams GB SP or CF. can't forget those whitwell fellers.. they are playing some good ball too.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

5 minutes ago, EastTennesseeExpert said:

None of the teams in the east can play with the big boys of the west in single A. 

This year is the closest it's been since 2013 when SP lost a close game to Union City. I don't see a mercy rule beat down coming to an east team like I've seen the past 3 years. After the 2013 game I mentioned that the next 3 years would see mercy rule beatings put on the east. I've been pretty close so far. 2017 will not see a mercy rule in the state championship game. 

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This year is the closest it's been since 2013 when SP lost a close game to Union City. I don't see a mercy rule beat down coming to an east team like I've seen the past 3 years. After the 2013 game I mentioned that the next 3 years would see mercy rule beatings put on the east. I've been pretty close so far. 2017 will not see a mercy rule in the state championship game. 

I agree, whoever makes it out of the east won't get mercy ruled this year. 

Dresden isn't nearly as explosive as last year but we do have a new gun slinger at QB. He is a freshman and 6"1" 170. My opinion is his arm is as strong as Winn as a freshman. Only problem is he don't have a fleet of receivers that can go get it. Do not see a mercy rule from either side of the state this year.