Mairvul crosses tha Creik two Alcoee

STARSNBARS

18 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

OMG!!! Referee takes his time to spot the ball and Maryville doesn't have to kick it. Wow! 

I must say , losing our QB and our Defense needing a lot of work , I wasn't really that thrilled about this , but after seeing you crying a river I'm having a lot more fun now !! LOL 

Rebels win 28-24. Very competitive game albeit very sloppy at times. Alcoa definitely  had their chances- a TD called back on a long run plus the decisive 14 point swing where Alcoa fumbled into the end zone on the 1 yard line and Hodge goes 80 yards on next play, instead of 31-21 Alcoa, it is 28-24 Maryville and ends that way.

Edited by Norman Dale

Our kids played hard and that's all you can ask... We left it all out on the field tonight.. PROUD TO BE AN ALCOA TORNADO... I believe this team is getting better and at the end of the year, I believe this year we pass Maryville for the most state championship... PEPVOL you will be crying a river at the end of the year... The holding call on the touchdown call was terrible... The fumble at the goal line I can except but the holding call was BS... 

General thoughts...

19 for Alcoa could have been flagged for holding every outside run

Nice halftime adjustments by the defensive staff

Rebels need to fix lbs

Punting too, whew

Oh, and the shotgun snap. Not sure what's going on there

Cobb and Hodge are men

I would like to see scanes throw a deep ball to mr. Davis

I hope #1 is ok

Thanks to Mr. Mynatt for a good called 4th quarter on the app as the boy was about to fall asleep at the game.

Bonus tidbit for the alcoa band parents - when it's the maryville/alcoa game, have more than 4 people in the concession stand.

30 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

Our kids played hard and that's all you can ask... We left it all out on the field tonight.. PROUD TO BE AN ALCOA TORNADO... I believe this team is getting better and at the end of the year, I believe this year we pass Maryville for the most state championship... PEPVOL you will be crying a river at the end of the year... The holding call on the touchdown call was terrible... The fumble at the goal line I can except but the holding call was BS... 

Of course you'll pass us eventually with most championships. We are a 5A team playing up. Why don't y'all play up to 4A Rat. 

Edited by rebelwoman87

30 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

It is accept not except  and the holding call replay on the TV was the right call   no doubt about it  

Edited by Jetjock

The holding call was right because they showed it on a replay on Channel 10.  One of the TV cameras was horrible, it looked like the game image was coming from the moon. Also heard that Wampler's Sausage Commercial at least 60 times during the game. I hope I don't wake up in the morning and hear that jingle in my head all day Saturday.

Edited by BarneySox2007

54 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

You can see the jersey being pulled on plain as day on the video ... If Alcoa wins this year and Maryville doesn't then we'll be tied at 16 , Maryville won the 1964 AP State Championship , for some reason that always gets ignored while we get to hear about all of Oak Ridge and DB's Championships ... I expect a lot of Alcoa fans to always cry and whine every time we have a Close game because that's what your coach does also . 

I LOVE IT!!! A Maryville fan said it was a hold.... LOL!!! 21 for ALCOA was held several times tonight but no call.... rebelwomen87 do you think if ALCOA had 1500 student that Maryville would beat them on a regular basis. I think not!!!! It will be harder for Maryville to beat Alcoa in the coming years...  OK Jetrock do you even know who they called the penalty on... Which #....I bet you don't even know... 

Edited by Springbrookrat