Mairvul crosses tha Creik two Alcoee

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

How old are you Barney???? Alcoa has always got kids from Eagleton/Rockford...That is nothing new...  In 1987 we had I believe  6 kids on the football team from Eagleton/Rockford.. Maryville has had several counties kids if not more during this period and before.. If your kids lived in Rockford where would you send them. Heritage or Alcoa... Alcoa is also closer for most of these kids.

Let's do the math and figure this out. 

A.  Alcoa   $700 Tuition and free breakfast.

B. Heritage   No Tuition and $927 to stop at McDonald's on the way. 

C. Maryville  $2,200 Tuition and they eat at better places Chick-Fil-A

$1,350

I would have to go with A. 

Reminds me of the Polack joke where two Polacks bought watermelons for $4  in Florida and sold them for $4 in Tennessee until they decided they weren't making any money so they bought a bigger truck. Your either paying for a good deal on breakfast and a free education or you need a bigger school because your not making any money.

Great game played with amazing heart and effort by the kids from both teams.

I never want Alcoa to stop playing Maryville. Yes, Maryville has almost 3 times the enrollment but the game makes both teams better. Its also good for the community.  Steel sharpens steel. 

Between 2003 and 1016, I think the rebs were 128-2 in the regular season. Those 2 losses were to Alcoa. The game is an amazing event for Blount county. Never run from competition, you'll regret it and it will hurt you in the long run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Let's do the math and figure this out. 

A.  Alcoa   $700 Tuition and free breakfast.

3 hours ago, mhs said:

Says the guy with one competitive game on the schedule including playoffs. Lol indeed; to be so easy you guys sure seem intent on staying put. 

Alcoa elected to move up to 4A last year because there was more local 4A teams in the area. Soon as they did, all the 4A teams in their purposed  district except Union Co. elected to move up to 5A. The schedule would have been difficult to get 10 games and with long travel times. So, Alcoa stayed in 3A.

I do find it sad that you are so worried about Alcoa and it's success.  Your two last post, one whining that Alcoa is trying to be like Maryville with the turf, jumbotron, and even the way the players walk onto the field. Maryville should stop playing Maryville, and last.....Alcoa should move up because they are too successful.  

Why so much hate?

Also, sorry to mess up your math lesson Barney....I think the tuition is $900 now?.

Edited by BCsportsfan

40 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

No hate intended; just normal playful banter. Gotta admit its thrown from both sides this time of year. (Check the post i was replying to). Lots of respect for the Alcoa program. The first post was primarily a response to an active Alcoa poster last night after the game. Most of it tongue in cheek. Besides being from Maryville I'm evidently "irrelevant". 

Edited by mhs

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Great game played with amazing heart and effort by the kids from both teams.

I never want Alcoa to stop playing Maryville. Yes, Maryville has almost 3 times the enrollment but the game makes both teams better. Its also good for the community.  Steel sharpens steel. 

Between 2003 and 1016, I think the rebs were 128-2 in the regular season. Those 2 losses were to Alcoa. The game is an amazing event for Blount county. Never run from competition, you'll regret it and it will hurt you in the long run.

Good post.

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Just having fun breaking in the new guy BC. I have no hate at Alcoa at all and would probably follow them more if they were playing up a notch or two. The Alcoa school site had $700 unless they raised it recently, Not sure what to think after last night's game. I'm sort of lost for words because I've still not sorted it out yet.