Marion at Coalfield (Mathis man vs that Henry man)

Southtowner

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

There is no doubt about it. THEY SHOULD BE THE FAVORITE. That's exactly right. They should be the favorite in the east. Listen to the good folks at Greenback as well. Favorites don't always win, but they are the favorite in the east this year. You have much to learn my young apprentice. 

I'm not your apprentice. I didn't say they were not the favorite, I said I like the way our guys play. Maybe you need to re read the conversation, because I sarcastically said we should give them the gold ball and stop wasting everyone's time. You followed by saying "there's no doubt about it".  So how am I putting words in your mouth there bud? You said it not me.

so if you wanna try to play the old wise guy card you can but I promise you this, I'll talk football with you all day and be EXTREMELY confident I know as much as you do about it.

Edited by CastIronHero

54 minutes ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Bass, does Marion have more speed than South Pitt?  One thing I think you guys are overlooking is that coalbucket has not really seen alot of true speed this year. I have seen Coafield on  tv this year and after the other night i'm not sure they can handle Greenbacks speed either. you have seen both teams in person.... what do you think?

You Bobcats are just slow!

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I never said we had no chance. Don't go putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. I said on paper a team with 20 plus seniors is the favorite when they were that close the year before. Be a Pirate, but don't be a homer Pirate. Their are other good teams out there year in and year out besides the Pirates. Coalfield should be the team to beat in the east. It doesn't mean I don't want the Pirates to upset them. I try not to choose favorites with my heart all of the time. One other thing young grasshopper. I picked the Pirates to win against Marion. I was as surprised as anyone that they beat them so bad though. 

Hey bass I was told that the sp Marion game was actually still pretty close in the third quarter is that true or not ? Score at halftime?  

1 hour ago, Polarsloth said:

Hey bass I was told that the sp Marion game was actually still pretty close in the third quarter is that true or not ? Score at halftime?  

Halftime we were up 29-6.  They scored early in the 3rd to make it a little closer, but it was a rout after that. We kept pouring it on.  We wore them down.  

If Jasper can get Saylors the ball more, and get around Coalfields DL and LB's, they won't catch him.   Does Coalfields QB play safety?  Anyways, I think it might be a close game and go either way by 14.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

4 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Halftime we were up 29-6.  They scored early in the 3rd to make it a little closer, but it was a rout after that. We kept pouring it on.  We wore them down.  

If Jasper can get Saylors the ball more, and get around Coalfields DL and LB's, they won't catch him.   Does Coalfields QB play safety?  Anyways, I think it might be a close game and go either way by 14.  

Wasn't that close then thanks. Yes Mckinney plays safety. 

3 hours ago, TTUBOBCAT said:

Bass, does Marion have more speed than South Pitt?  One thing I think you guys are overlooking is that coalbucket has not really seen alot of true speed this year. I have seen Coafield on  tv this year and after the other night i'm not sure they can handle Greenbacks speed either. you have seen both teams in person.... what do you think?

I have not seen Greenback in person yet. I will see them when they play Coalfield. I saw Coalfield in person vs Harriman. I saw Marion in person vs SP. if Marion is healthy they have a little more overall speed than Coalfield. Coalfield is far better in the line positions as well. Overall defensive speed? I think it's pretty close for both teams. 

3 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

I'm not your apprentice. I didn't say they were not the favorite, I said I like the way our guys play. Maybe you need to re read the conversation, because I sarcastically said we should give them the gold ball and stop wasting everyone's time. You followed by saying "there's no doubt about it".  So how am I putting words in your mouth there bud? You said it not me.

so if you wanna try to play the old wise guy card you can but I promise you this, I'll talk football with you all day and be EXTREMELY confident I know as much as you do about it.

You are a young apprentice. You are knew to the T. Us old fellers have been around a long time therefore you are an apprentice. I reread the conversation. I said there is no doubt about it referring to them as the team to beat in the east. Make no mistake. They are the favorite, but Greenback and SP are very good teams as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polarsloth said:

It was honestly never close. It was 29-6 at the half and SP fumbled the open drive at the Marion 1 yard line. It could have easily been 35-6 at the half. Marion scored on a pass to start the second half, but SP never punted once the entire night.