Marion at Coalfield (Mathis man vs that Henry man)

Southtowner

19 hours ago, pujo said:

This TINY school is much better than you think.

No disrespect. Coalfield's record shows they are always top contender in the east every year. That's amazing for how small the school is. I just ment Marion has had two hard losses back to back and that's what they are probably  thinking. I think this is the week Marion gets it together. It might not be enough to beat Coalfield. This is one of coalfield's best teams but this is week 6 and coalfield still not played competitive team. I think that will hurt coalfield but maybe not. Going to be good game.

With the size Mentioned above for coalfield thay could spell trouble for the warriors.  Reguardless of how many athletes we have or what not, the end result comes down to lineplay and in the three losses we were whipped up front.  We are undersized so if you are getting pushed three yards off the ball then you are behind the sticks.  H2O had a great qb with similar numbers and we shut him down last year but we were alsi getting pressure on him.  This year we havent gotten pressure on opposing qbs so the three losses i have seen the qbs had excellent games.  I havent seen anything to make me change my mind on this one.  I think it is time to play the young guys, especially if you are getring the same result out of them that you are some of the seniors.  #11 came in for a senior and all he did was make two plays in a row diwn near the goalline.  Let the pups get some experience.  Sp posters have a vested interest in this game, it may tell them whether they can start making cookeville plans or not.

I do not know why our team lost that game on Friday. I know Coach Mathis is a real good coach and believe it or not has a lot of good plays. That Tyner team was as big as a 6A team and we could not block those huge guys very good. I was disappointed listening to some of our fans on the fence for this game. The things some of you were saying were bad. We are going to have to pick it up this week to get a win. Our defense was real bad vs Tyner. I think if Coach Mathis will call the defense for us then it will get better and we might play better and win. As always it is still a great day to be a warrior. I still believe in this team.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD

13 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

With the size Mentioned above for coalfield thay could spell trouble for the warriors.  Reguardless of how many athletes we have or what not, the end result comes down to lineplay and in the three losses we were whipped up front.  We are undersized so if you are getting pushed three yards off the ball then you are behind the sticks.  H2O had a great qb with similar numbers and we shut him down last year but we were alsi getting pressure on him.  This year we havent gotten pressure on opposing qbs so the three losses i have seen the qbs had excellent games.  I havent seen anything to make me change my mind on this one.  I think it is time to play the young guys, especially if you are getring the same result out of them that you are some of the seniors.  #11 came in for a senior and all he did was make two plays in a row diwn near the goalline.  Let the pups get some experience.  Sp posters have a vested interest in this game, it may tell them whether they can start making cookeville plans or not.

I'm not looking at it this way.  And I can guarantee Coach Grider and staff isn't either.   Every game is a new game and teams match up differently.

Yall could play lights out or could be over matched.  But your game with Coalfield has nothing to do with how the Pirates match up against Coalfield or any other team for that matter.

18 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Sp posters have a vested interest in this game, it may tell them whether they can start making cookeville plans or not.

I'm not sure anyone in the east wants any part of Coalfield. Teams in 1A with 20 plus seniors and a QB that has committed to play big time ball don't come around often in 1A football. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm not looking at it this way.  And I can guarantee Coach Grider and staff isn't either.   Every game is a new game and teams match up differently.

Yall could play lights out or could be over matched.  But your game with Coalfield has nothing to do with how the Pirates match up against Coalfield or any other team for that matter.

I agree with your points. I don't know how we match up. I can tell you the team that I saw play Harriman is a very good team. If we meet up with them it will be tough for sure. 

Just thinking out loud here so don't roast me.    Is it a better scenario for Jasper to finish 3rd in their region and stay in the top half of the bracket or finish 2nd and be put in the bottom half of the bracket with Trousdale?    By finishing 3rd you will avoid Trousdale on the Creekbank in the 2nd round and could come through the top half and host Trousdale at home.  I'm not implying throwing a region game.   Just thinking out loud and probably off base.

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with your points. I don't know how we match up. I can tell you the team that I saw play Harriman is a very good team. If we meet up with them it will be tough for sure. 

Coalfield or Greenback will be tough for anyone this year.   I'm glad their regular season game will be streamed as I plan to watch it.