Peabody vs Dresden

PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, allgoodlf said:

Dresden please stop using injured players as an excuse.  Peabody would have won this game going away with those players on the field.  We have injuries also and you don't hear us complaining. Just like Peabody in 2014 and Dresden in 2016, those players will be hard to replace.  But I do understand , Dresden is a prideful program and they should be.  They will beat everyone else until they get to Huntingdon.  S. Fulton will not beat them and Obion will not either.  Good luck the rest of the way and get healthy soon

Dude? Really? How soon you forget in previous season where we came there and beat y'all 34-0 I think. EVERYONE in Trenton said it was because of one guy missing, just one, your QB. Everyone claimed he would make a big difference next time we meet. And nobody believed you..  until we say it with own eyes. He was truly a playmaker & it was a different team with him in it. And thus year, y'all have what, 2 or 3 out? Maybe 1 or 2?. Good grief dude we have 10 or 11 out... TEN or ELEVEN!! Most starters and upperclassmen. Difference makers for sure! Only an insane idiot would deny that these players wouldn't make a difference. That is an entire team sidelined! Especially crazy would it be for those who screamed about their -one- player missing, saying if he was there no way Lions would skunk Tide. And lo & behold that was very true as proven next game! So why don't you stop looking crazy, on your side only one player would make a difference, & he did.. but for Lions 10-11 players out wouldn't make a difference? This is so insane, crazy, & blind ignorant thinking that all those players of ours wouldn't have helped? I would laugh if it wasn't so sad & pitiful to think anyone would truly believe this, especially those from a team that proved their 1 guy made a monster difference.. but our 10-11 wouldn't matter? I shake my head in bewilderment, actually feeling sorry for anyone who truly believes this. For Tide fans 1 makes a difference in outcome (and your fans are allowed to mention/ complain/ whine about it-- or whatever you want to call it- & it ok to defend that fact) ... but Lions aren't allowed to mention A WHOLE FREAKING TEAM!!! of 10-11 were missing and we are stating the fact that they'd make a difference too... Tide allowed to do this for 1 guy out, but Dresden slammed for pointing out the massive amount of players out for us, who wouldn't matter anyways according to you. ...If you, sir, truly believe this, I honestly pity and feel sad for you. That saying "There is no cure for stupid" is a shoe that looks like it may fit your feet perfectly if you truly think your 1 guy would make a difference, but the 10-11 players we're missing are irrelevant, don't matter, & wouldn't change the game's outcome? .. Really dude? Are you for real? ..My oh my! ... Yes it will be another team altogether when our 10-11 are playing again. And any sane person would agree that only a true fool would think otherwise. Wow. I still amazed at such unsound logic, double standards, willful blindness, and hardness of heart against the simple truth and obvious facts of matter to say (a few seasons back) your 1 guy will matter (& man oh man he did!!).. But our 10-11 guys won't matter? Seriously? ... I outta here. I getting nauseous. 

5 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Dude? Really? How soon you forget in previous season where we came there and beat y'all 34-0 I think. EVERYONE in Trenton said it was because of one guy missing, just one, your QB. Everyone claimed he would make a big difference next time we meet. And nobody believed you..  until we say it with own eyes. He was truly a playmaker & it was a different team with him in it. And thus year, y'all have what, 2 or 3 out? Maybe 1 or 2?. Good grief dude we have 10 or 11 out... TEN or ELEVEN!! Most starters and upperclassmen. Difference makers for sure! Only an insane idiot would deny that these players wouldn't make a difference. That is an entire team sidelined! Especially crazy would it be for those who screamed about their -one- player missing, saying if he was there no way Lions would skunk Tide. And lo & behold that was very true as proven next game! So why don't you stop looking crazy, on your side only one player would make a difference, & he did.. but for Lions 10-11 players out wouldn't make a difference? This is so insane, crazy, & blind ignorant thinking that all those players of ours wouldn't have helped? I would laugh if it wasn't so sad & pitiful to think anyone would truly believe this, especially those from a team that proved their 1 guy made a monster difference.. but our 10-11 wouldn't matter? I shake my head in bewilderment, actually feeling sorry for anyone who truly believes this. For Tide fans 1 makes a difference in outcome (and your fans are allowed to mention/ complain/ whine about it-- or whatever you want to call it- & it ok to defend that fact) ... but Lions aren't allowed to mention A WHOLE FREAKING TEAM!!! of 10-11 were missing and we are stating the fact that they'd make a difference too... Tide allowed to do this for 1 guy out, but Dresden slammed for pointing out the massive amount of players out for us, who wouldn't matter anyways according to you. ...If you, sir, truly believe this, I honestly pity and feel sad for you. That saying "There is no cure for stupid" is a shoe that looks like it may fit your feet perfectly if you truly think your 1 guy would make a difference, but the 10-11 players we're missing are irrelevant, don't matter, & wouldn't change the game's outcome? .. Really dude? Are you for real? ..My oh my! ... Yes it will be another team altogether when our 10-11 are playing again. And any sane person would agree that only a true fool would think otherwise. Wow. I still amazed at such unsound logic, double standards, willful blindness, and hardness of heart against the simple truth and obvious facts of matter to say (a few seasons back) your 1 guy will matter (& man oh man he did!!).. But our 10-11 guys won't matter? Seriously? ... I outta here. I getting nauseous. 

Are you sure you got ten players out ?  Did you have 10 players out when you played martin westview ?  Do you have a dresser or Malone type player out ? This years trenton team is different kind of team than the 2014 team. I'm not saying better they just get it done a different way. Kendrick missing in 2014 was a big deal. Baugus being out the few games hurt but not as much because wade is good also.  I like to also add baugus and dickson are sophomores. The starting running back Albea tore his acl prior to the season. Anyways I don't think it would have made a difference either.  It would have been closer but same outcome 

Tide 21- I don't believe they have that many kids out either.  You made a very good point.  Maybe if those guys played it would be a better game.  But I still think Peabody wins.  This is just a guy who has his panties in a wad.  He will be okay.  I think I will seek him out and give him some baby milk.  Good point-THEY WERE NOT OUT IN A HARD FOUGHT GAME AGAINST a (VERY WEAK )wESTVIEW team.  So Heavy Returns, we are not convinced.  Go pout to someone else.  Ya'll whipped our buts last year, we licked our wounds and you can do the same.  I promise it will be okay.  By the way UC made those excuse after we broke their streak and they made them against yall after you guys beat their butts.  Come on man!!!  I am outta here, getting kinda weak in my stomach. (OH YEAH AND BY THE WAY) ,BE GLAD YOU LUCKED UP AND BEAT LAKE COUNTY.  Hale Mary and popcorn................

Edited by allgoodlf

A great run by Dresden should be commended. 20 in a row is hard to do. Dresden will last until they face Huntingdon this season. Still could be a great year and anything can happen in one game. Now to Peabody. They will play Union City again in the quarterfinals and then Waverly in the semifinals. Those are the three best teams in 2A. The east is much weaker than it has been the past few years with Marion County. Whoever wins the west will win the gold ball by a minimum of 28 points. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

A great run by Dresden should be commended. 20 in a row is hard to do. Dresden will last until they face Huntingdon this season. Still could be a great year and anything can happen in one game. Now to Peabody. They will play Union City again in the quarterfinals and then Waverly in the semifinals. Those are the three best teams in 2A. The east is much weaker than it has been the past few years with Marion County. Whoever wins the west will win the gold ball by a minimum of 28 points. 

This guy knows what he is talking about. I think tca and adamsville may be better than some think though 

10 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Not surprised at this win by Peabody.  To many weapons for the Lions and Trenton still do not have their starting quarterback in.   Dresden will have at least 2 more possible losses, South Fulton and Obion County Central in the regular season, both of are playing very well.  Huntingdon will be the 1A team to win, hands down causing Dresden playoff run to end quickly..   Dresden with a good unbeaten run.

Halls beat South Fulton who Lake Co beat  by about 30 points.and Lake Co hammered Central in a scrimmage by about 6 tds.So either they had some out  or new players came out..Dont think either of them will beat Dresden.

8 hours ago, allgoodlf said:

Dresden please stop using injured players as an excuse.  Peabody would have won this game going away with those players on the field.  We have injuries also and you don't hear us complaining. Just like Peabody in 2014 and Dresden in 2016, those players will be hard to replace.  But I do understand , Dresden is a prideful program and they should be.  They will beat everyone else until they get to Huntingdon.  S. Fulton will not beat them and Obion will not either.  Good luck the rest of the way and get healthy soon

When you're a 1A team with 35 players & you have at least 10 standing on the sidelines in street clothes, it's kind of hard not to discuss the injuries. I don't think Dresden fans are using this as an excuse but it does have an impact on your team & how they're able to execute. 

Regarding Dresden injuries, if they truly do have 10 or 11 out, I'll buy that would change how you compete.  Definitely would be hard to overcome.  However.... let's be real, there's no Winn, Yates, etc on that sideline this year that would sway the game like the Malone boy did for Trenton 2 years ago, so I don't think Dresden would have won the game without injuries, which by the way is part of the game.  Btw, it's completely normal to take a step back for a year or so at a small school after your "30 year team" graduates.  I'm sure Trenton can vouch for that with last year's season.

Dresden had 10 players not dressed last night but only 3 of those would have had any impact on the game.  #5, #7 and I believe #78 which is Serrano.  The rest do not play even when healthy.  Crawford left the game after playing one play and he would not have made a difference.  Dresden must find a way to get the playmakers involved in the offense.  Even when #5 and #7 get back if they don't change the offense it will not matter.  They can't line up and play smash mouth football.  Trenton was just the better team last night.