Alcoa travels to Indian Country

BCsportsfan

Just now, formerblazer said:

As I expected.  Another thing to realize is unless you see some sort of hook up like Carter was able to do at Science Hill (bring in a few of his pick coaches) into the DB staff, yup it is a Good ol Boy network.

I'll stick with this thought:  DB and Kingsport city schools want the gate sales and money that football brings in, and until that money stops flowing in, you won't see any big changes.  Sports are not important like they used to be 10 years ago in KCS, test scores are.

Carter at Science Hill is not that much different than the situation at DB. He has a "good ole Boy" network of his own.  Although Science Hill's defensive coaching is not nearly as bad as DB's it's still pretty bad. They can't compete on the state level and never will with the coordinator they currently have. 

On Alcoa's last drive with probably under 2 minutes to go, the radio guys were going ballistic on one of their long pass plays, saying that the Alcoa receiver caught it out of bounds but the zebras gave it to him anyway.   Alcoa went on to score a couple of plays later and that is that...

Just wondering if anyone who was AT THE GAME actually saw this play, and was the Alcoa guy really out of bounds?

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

On Alcoa's last drive with probably under 2 minutes to go, the radio guys were going ballistic on one of their long pass plays, saying that the Alcoa receiver caught it out of bounds but the zebras gave it to him anyway.   Alcoa went on to score a couple of plays later and that is that...

Just wondering if anyone who was AT THE GAME actually saw this play, and was the Alcoa guy really out of bounds?

Happened right in front of me. Was a PERFECT catch.:thumb:

46 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Happened right in front of us. Kid just made a great catch. 

Just now, blazer1set said:

Those radio guys get out of hand sometimes. 

There was some questionable calls that went against Alcoa early.  There was some questionable calls that went against D-B late. All in all it was a pretty fairly ref'ed game. Alcoa just whipped that butt in the 4th qtr!

Be glad Alcoa took a knee a the goal line after the interception to run the clock out !

Alcoa score 28 points in the second half and held D-B to just 10. It was way more than just one bad call......

20 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville only has I believe three seniors this year. I don’t believe Betsy stands a chance at stopping greeneville this year or even next year. The only team I see stopping Greeneville is well Greeneville. I expect nothing less than 15-0 and state champions this year. Back to back hopefully next year 

Well said.  The State Championship in 4A is Greenevilles to lose.  I've seen nothing so far that says they are overconfident or overlooking anyone.  They prepare for an 0-10 team like that team is 10-0.

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

That was a great catch and yes, inbounds. The pass interference call was the right call. DB was hanging on the receiver before the ball got there. I know DB wouldn't let the game be live streamed but you can see on the film it was interference.

Great atmosphere and amazing facilities. DB has some really good athletes. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Those guys should wear skirts.Just kidding ,most girls don't cry as much as the DB announcers.I always try and pick up the other teams radio because they are such homers it's sickening.It's like watching CNN if you want to get a fair story about president Trump.The refs always make a bad call or two during a game but it's not always just against DB,they are equally shtty when it's a bad crew.

• Upvote 2

Is anybody going to start a "DB (2-3) @ Bearden (4-2)" thread?

In 2016 DB won 34-21.   The only common opponent is the Hill.   Bearden lost 35-21 and DB lost 35-14.

This is an absolutely must-win game for the Tribe, I just think that falling to 2-4 is going to do something mentally to the guys and make it difficult to have a winning season.   Have not seen Bearden but I would think the Tribe rolls in this one, however it is a road game and you just cannot overlook the Bulldogs.

18 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Those guys should wear skirts.Just kidding ,most girls don't cry as much as the DB announcers.I always try and pick up the other teams radio because they are such homers it's sickening.It's like watching CNN if you want to get a fair story about president Trump.The refs always make a bad call or two during a game but it's not always just against DB,they are equally shtty when it's a bad crew.

Agreed 100%, it's comical.  I refuse to listen to a DB game on the home station.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Is anybody going to start a "DB (2-3) @ Bearden (4-2)" thread?

In 2016 DB won 34-21.   The only common opponent is the Hill.   Bearden lost 35-21 and DB lost 35-14.

This is an absolutely must-win game for the Tribe, I just think that falling to 2-4 is going to do something mentally to the guys and make it difficult to have a winning season.   Have not seen Bearden but I would think the Tribe rolls in this one, however it is a road game and you just cannot overlook the Bulldogs.

Bearden has a pretty good passing game. DB can't defend against the pass. They basically play 10 yrds. off the receiver, stand there and let them run past them, then try to chase them down.  Don't look good for DB.