Amagine if Boro. Rutherford county. Had opened football inrollment

riots

11 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Always a Patriot you may very well be correct. I would have to think the coursework would be a lot more difficult. However, is it true that once a student is enrolled in the IB program if they decide to get out of the program they are allowed to stay at the school. I am asking because this is what I have heard.

Although I'm not even close to sure how that works, I DO know that the actual IB program, itself, doesn't start until their junior year. There are prerequisite courses as freshmen and sophomores, I believe. AP courses in the 1st couple of years to prepare them for the rigor of the program. Not very well-versed on the ins and outs of the program. That's really all I know about it. ............and that it's REALLY TOUGH!!!

8 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Although I'm not even close to sure how that works, I DO know that the actual IB program, itself, doesn't start until their junior year. There are prerequisite courses as freshmen and sophomores, I believe. AP courses in the 1st couple of years to prepare them for the rigor of the program. Not very well-versed on the ins and outs of the program. That's really all I know about it. ............and that it's REALLY TOUGH!!!

If in your waiver the request is made based on enrolling for IB program, it is typically granted. However if you change directions (ie. decide that the program is not a fit ) you can ask for a scheduel change. Now because the waiver has been granted it covers the entirity of your high school years. Nothing binding that says if you do not complet any percentage of that course work you have to go back to the school you were zoned for. That would create too muc work for the schools and BOE to keep up with.  I don't know if you would necessarily end up with a powerhouse team, because you are still going to have kids that want to play for one program/coach over another.  It also places the player as a monopoly piece. They become a commodity for all schools trying to have a great program. Parent become Helicopter parent who hover over the coaches shoulders and demand more playing time or better things for their children or they will move(usually because another coach has gotten in their ear about what they would do if they were playing for them)  At the end of the day kids who struggle win or lose get alot more out of life because they learn how to face adversity , not run from it. 

4 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

If in your waiver the request is made based on enrolling for IB program, it is typically granted. However if you change directions (ie. decide that the program is not a fit ) you can ask for a scheduel change. Now because the waiver has been granted it covers the entirity of your high school years. Nothing binding that says if you do not complet any percentage of that course work you have to go back to the school you were zoned for. That would create too muc work for the schools and BOE to keep up with.  I don't know if you would necessarily end up with a powerhouse team, because you are still going to have kids that want to play for one program/coach over another.  It also places the player as a monopoly piece. They become a commodity for all schools trying to have a great program. Parent become Helicopter parent who hover over the coaches shoulders and demand more playing time or better things for their children or they will move(usually because another coach has gotten in their ear about what they would do if they were playing for them)  At the end of the day kids who struggle win or lose get alot more out of life because they learn how to face adversity , not run from it. 

My only point is that some people act like the IB program brings a ton of athletes to Oakland. The requirements to get accepted are stringent. There are very few major sport athletes at Oakland through an IB program waiver.

6 minutes ago, riots said:

No it don't bring a ton of athletes to Oakland program...but a skill player here or there, sure can make a different. All it takes is 1 or  2. Talent players to run a team that is already solid. Winning  has to do more with team chemistry. 

That's perception........not reality.

We have NO skill players who are IB waiver kids. We have barely had any IB football players PERIOD in the entire time that the program has been in place.

48 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

My only point is that some people act like the IB program brings a ton of athletes to Oakland. The requirements to get accepted are stringent. There are very few major sport athletes at Oakland through an IB program waiver.

I am not implying or sayig it brings a ton of players to any one school. I was simply stating 1.) it is not that hard to get approved for it 2.)Youcan change youre scheduel after you enroll and 3.)  It would have a really bad effect long term if they did open enrollment on both players and parents alike