Greenback at Coalfield round 1!

orngnblk

5 hours ago, pujo said:

Congrats big guy, wasn,t much of a game for a spell  but the TD pas and then the Mack truck took over. I don,t see Coalfield beating you the next time either. You guys have several good players and then you have #6.  Talking heads of the game give 21 best 1a player in the state,,the player who took this game over was #6.  Thats not a knock on 21,he,s one heck of a talent.

Yes 21 is an oustanding player for sure.#6 showed last night he "may" be the SINGLE best player in 1A when all the cards are on the table.The way he hits at LBr and the way he gets yards after contact and also his blocking ability.I am not saying we as a team are the best by no means but that kid is an outstanding football player and you can see his maturity level this year on the field is nivht and day from last year.21 is the best QB in 1A but 6 has the total package no doubt.

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Also ladies and gentlemen i have to give credit where it is do.When we went to the Wildcat that little QB that some folks didnt have any faith in at the beginning of the year blocked like a 6 foot 230 pound fullback.He set the edge against CFs #54 and #59 just enough for the Mack truck to grab another gear!The rest is history.CF is a fine fine football team but it shows what can happen if you just go back to football basics and block and tackle.

The second half was a blast to watch! I love smash mouth football!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Yes 21 is an oustanding player for sure.#6 showed last night he "may" be the SINGLE best player in 1A when all the cards are on the table.The way he hits at LBr and the way he gets yards after contact and also his blocking ability.I am not saying we as a team are the best by no means but that kid is an outstanding football player and you can see his maturity level this year on the field is nivht and day from last year.21 is the best QB in 1A but 6 has the total package no doubt.

I watched the game last night and I would agree with you. Coalfield hands down has the best QB in 1A. Greenback might have the best RB in 1A. Once he got outside it was over. What happened to him in the first half. They showed him favoring his leg badly, I didn't think he would be back. I bet Greenback is glad he came back though. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

#6......will be playing on Saturdays one day! Watched this kid play with my oldest son all through youth football and he has always been a tank. When GB Nation coached him he loved to make him mad just to watch him unleash, lol. General consensus back then was he is gonna be special & he is. Can't wait to see the Senior version of him next year but gonna enjoy this for now. 

Football is a funny game. I feel like overall Greenback 2017 is a good team, but not quite as good as the 2016 version. It's hard to replace the caliber of players they lost last season. I think the 2018 Greenback team will be improved over this one. As I stated when I watched the CAK game. 3 us is a good QB and 23 is going to be a special receiver. He could prove to be the best of the bunch. 2017 Coalfield is better than their 2016 version, but it still wasn't enough. Coalfield controlled 3 quarters, but Greenback controlled the 4th in a big way. 

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Tell me this Pujo, would 6 have took over the game on a hamstring that he couldn't run on.  All I got to say.

agreed wasnt healthy, but momentum swings hard to overcome dont care who or what talent you are, next game will be just as close I feel, coalfield not playing many ppl after halftime,( bc they have been up so much) just fell victim to having to play 4 quarters, sometimes games like this rally teams and propel them, we will see