South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

14 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Man Whitwell shouldn't show up. No one giving us a chance. I guess we will see Friday . All this talk about a BS jamboree celebration. The boys are tired of hearing about Whitwell can't play with SP for 4 qtrs. Same Ole Whitwell......everyone can keep thinking like that.....

If Whitwell don't show up Roy will be real mad.

2 minutes ago, PIRATE87 said:

Where do you see Pirate Fans posting that? This one will be 4 full qtrs, if a starter hasn't played for either team in all four quarters yet they BETTER BUCKLE UP because they will Fiday night! ALTHOUGH Not much film out there on the Tigers so it's hard to tell what they look like in QTR 4- you got any ? 

My message to both teams is keep your seat buckle fastened until the ride comes to a complete stop! Friday night will be fun to watch! 

Game winning drive in 4th qtr last week.... They have been tested....they will be fine....

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

Who is saying Whitwell doesn’t have a chance? All I see is people on here saying it will be a hard hitting game. I do think SP is better and will win but this is not your typical year where you look at the schedule and say well it’s Whitwell another easy win. Whitwell has some playmakers this year with Wingo, Condra, Holloway, and Petty. Will not be an easy game for the Pirates by any means. Now, do I think Whitwell is the #3 team in the state, no. I think the Pirates are top 4 and the Tigers are in the top 8 though. Everyone is looking forward to this one!

What makes SP top 4 and not whitwell? I honestly want to know not being sarcastic. Tradition? 

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

Coaching, line play depth, and leadership. When you have linemen that only play offense or defense that’s big in 1A. Just my opinion though.

Ill give you coaching. Depth, Whitwell has 3 lineman that just play Offense. 3 DL just play defense. They have 2 that rotate both. So I say that's a push. Leadership, these kids have played together since they were little kids. Leadership was key reason for the win last week. I think that's a push as well. Like,I said Coaching I will give you. Boldin hasn't been on the big stages like Grider. However, I don't think the others you listed make SP top 4 and not Whitwell. I think Both are very close.

Edited by TigerfootballFan
  • Upvote 1

We will just have to wait and see. I know Whitwell is fired up and glad they are. Whitwell has a solid team.However, SP is as well. Region title on the line, Friday the 13th, blackout, good crowd, beautiful weather, fireworks, and the cannon blasting. What more could anyone ask for?

Edited by powerp

Does anyone know if there is a place you can buy ticket's early? You know how rumors are but I heard a bank was selling them,but someone that know's for sure please let us know. With North Jackson playing Thursday and Marion CO off this week I believe that will bring in a few more people and the line will be long.

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Ill give you coaching. Depth, Whitwell has 3 lineman that just play Offense. 3 DL just play defense. They have 2 that rotate both. So I say that's a push. Leadership, these kids have played together since they were little kids. Leadership was key reason for the win last week. I think that's a push as well. Like,I said Coaching I will give you. Boldin hasn't been on the big stages like Grider. However, I don't think the others you listed make SP top 4 and not Whitwell. I think Both are very close.

Lol we will see about your line play statement Friday night.  I think power P is going off of his personal opinion. I would have SP at 1 or 2 and Whitwell at 4 or 5. Only time will tell. This is a very big stage, Whitwell has never seen a stage this big.. and SP just played in a #1 vs #1 matchup that was absolutely packed out and the environment was awesome. Will the big game factor Be a plus for the Pirates?? We will see. 

Edited by CastIronHero