South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

What makes SP top 4 and not whitwell? I honestly want to know not being sarcastic. Tradition? 

Again, I'm not sure some people realize what "great" is anymore. I will just say it. Huntingdon, Greenback, and Coalfield are all better than Whitwell. Do I think SP is better than those 3? No on Huntingdon and I'm not sure on the other two. I expect a good game that is won by SP in the fourth quarter. Do I think SP is a great team? No, I do not. I think they play hard and have a solid team, just like Whitwell. This stuff is starting to get comical! Whitwell should be proud of what they have accomplished this season, but keep things in perspective. 

4 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Lol we will see about your line play statement Friday night.  I think power P is going off of his personal opinion. I would have SP at 1 or 2 and Whitwell at 4 or 5. Only time will tell. This is a very big stage, Whitwell has never seen a stage this big.. and SP just played in a #1 vs #1 matchup that was absolutely packed out and the environment was awesome. Will the big game factor Be a plus for the Pirates?? We will see. 

SP MIGHT be the 2nd best team in the state. I'm still not sure   I think SP, Greenback, and Coalfield are all close. I think Whitwell is probably the 5-6 best in 1A to be honest about it. 

28 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Lol we will see about your line play statement Friday night.  I think power P is going off of his personal opinion. I would have SP at 1 or 2 and Whitwell at 4 or 5. Only time will tell. This is a very big stage, Whitwell has never seen a stage this big.. and SP just played in a #1 vs #1 matchup that was absolutely packed out and the environment was awesome. Will the big game factor Be a plus for the Pirates?? We will see. 

You are correct. Everyone has an opinion.

33 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP MIGHT be the 2nd best team in the state. I'm still not sure   I think SP, Greenback, and Coalfield are all close. I think Whitwell is probably the 5-6 best in 1A to be honest about it. 

Same here. I think at times we have been 1 and at times we have looked like 2-4 in the state.  Regardless, our pirates are winning football games week in and week out. That's what matters. I think we will continue that Trend this week. 

2 hours ago, sportman said:

Glad yall got to talk and look forward to seeing him and all the coacht buddies from Pitt and also you. BTW,did your boy go play ball anywhere's? He was one of the best kicker's I have ever seen at Beene Stadium.

No sir, he wanted to attend MTSU and graduated with a degree in Criminal justice.   He's now a probation officer.    Appreciate the kind words.

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Does anyone know if there is a place you can buy ticket's early? You know how rumors are but I heard a bank was selling them,but someone that know's for sure please let us know. With North Jackson playing Thursday and Marion CO off this week I believe that will bring in a few more people and the line will be long.

Dad got ours at First Volunteer Bank today

I set up a poll on my Twitter feed for this one guys.   Help me out and go vote on it.   I'll announce the results Friday on the show.   It's pretty darn one sided at the moment!  Oh, and if you have Twitter, follow me while your there  @TennesseeSports

https://twitter.com/Tennesseesports/status/918069387093008384

Edited by FreeAgent11

3 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Man Whitwell shouldn't show up. No one giving us a chance. I guess we will see Friday . All this talk about a BS jamboree celebration. The boys are tired of hearing about Whitwell can't play with SP for 4 qtrs. Same Ole Whitwell......everyone can keep thinking like that.....

I’ve personally not said one time Whitwell shouldn’t show up. I’ve said Whitwell should be pumped and pounding their chest. It’s been a while since that town has had a good team to get behind. 

Now yes I’ve said something about the celebration after a 2 pt victory in the Jamboree. Of course SP felt a little ticked off. 

Friday will be a four qtr game just like I and most others have posted. Your team is 7-0 just like ours. Polls don’t matter to me much till playoff time. You think Whitwell is a number 1 team in single A, brother go ahead and think it. Just know your coming into a stadium of Pirates set on leaving 8-0 and letting everyone else know there on notice of what’s coming when we play them. 

Good luck to both teams and pray for an injury free game with a South Pittsburg win!

57 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Asking you the same question. Why is SP close with those 2 and not Whitwell?

I think SP is just a little ahead of Whitwell right now. Like I stated earlier, neither one is a great team. Both are just solid 1A football teams. I believe SP as a whole 12,11,10,9th grades are better than Whitwell's collective classes.