Independence...

Mothman26

3 hours ago, bcd said:

Actually, I agree. You can be all run or run first, but to be all pass or pass first doesn’t seem to work as well most of the time. 

Only way I see it working consistently is if you use the short passing part of your offense has a fill in for a running game. Gets pretty hard to throw the ball in the red zone

I saw something from Scott Blade over the years that concerns me.  From his time at Oak Ridge to now at Indy. He leaves his starters in too long even if his team is losing bad or winning by a large margin. In the 5A State Title game in 2015 Indy was way up on Sevier County but he never took starters out. Scott Cummings of Cleveland and formerly Knox West did the same thing.  I guess I am used to watching Maryville. When George Quarles was there and now Derek Hunt does the same thing. When Maryville gets big lead the starters go out early. This helps build teams for the future. 

42 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I saw something from Scott Blade over the years that concerns me.  From his time at Oak Ridge to now at Indy. He leaves his starters in too long even if his team is losing bad or winning by a large margin. In the 5A State Title game in 2015 Indy was way up on Sevier County but he never took starters out. Scott Cummings of Cleveland and formerly Knox West did the same thing.  I guess I am used to watching Maryville. When George Quarles was there and now Derek Hunt does the same thing. When Maryville gets big lead the starters go out early. This helps build teams for the future. 

It was a concern to us in Oak Ridge as well.  If his star gets hurt, there is usually no one to fill the spot, because he doesn't do much to build depth.  Good programs with staying power take every opportunity to get their subs game reps.

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

I noticed that. Our JV played the 4th but they left most of their starters in...  Good for us I believe but bad for the reasons mentioned. 

On 10/6/2017 at 11:06 PM, Mothman26 said:

Went to the CPA game 55-20 what happened has the coach lost the players?

Mothman

They have moved into 6A. Graduation!!!

Coach hasn't changed. He is good. 

Dont downgrade a team based on a few games. 

Every Team goes through ups and downs.

You got something to back up that question say it!!!

That is a very pathetic question!!!

2 hours ago, Director said:

Mothman

They have moved into 6A. Graduation!!!

Coach hasn't changed. He is good. 

Dont downgrade a team based on a few games. 

Every Team goes through ups and downs.

You got something to back up that question say it!!!

That is a very pathetic question!!!

Don’t be too hard on him, I don’t know him, but I have heard some Independence parents say what he did, but you know parents...  He probably heard the same.  You’re right, nobody should overlook Indy, that have the talent and coaching to end your season in the playoffs.