DB goes to Hardin Valley

johndeere

Hardin Valley was much better than I had been led to believe. I think DB wins but I also think it'll be a lot closer than a lot of people think. Hardin Valley has the athletes to compete with DB. They've got a stud RB that ran all over the Topper defense. 

Edited by WBNC83

Everybody in NET (including myself) tends to say things like "Well there is just something that happens once you cross the Knox County line".     And for good reason, for the most part NET teams traditionally get slammed down that way.

However, the Tribe has tasted sweet victory and is on the way to a strong 7-3 finish heading into the playoffs.   HVA will put up a good fight but in the end the Tribe prevails by let's say 7-10 points.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Everybody in NET (including myself) tends to say things like "Well there is just something that happens once you cross the Knox County line".     And for good reason, for the most part NET teams traditionally get slammed down that way.

However, the Tribe has tasted sweet victory and is on the way to a strong 7-3 finish heading into the playoffs.   HVA will put up a good fight but in the end the Tribe prevails by let's say 7-10 points.

This game could go a long ways in the determination of seedings as well.I hit on the possibilities a few weeks ago that the makings of a DB vs Maryville game for the outright winningest team in the state could happen.I thought Farragut was very beatable and DB had as much talent as any team.HV has some players and when you start adding up victories before they happen,then a "Mcminn county"moment will get you beat.Both of these teams are capable along with two or three more of beating the machine in Maryville come playoff time.That said, without the help of God ,David wouldn't have took down the big guy and these teams might have to play their best and get a little help as well.I think this is the best year in a long time because I thought coach Quarles was such a factor at Maryville that most average coaches couldn't match him even with as much or better talent.Also,coach Quarles is the kind of guy that just speaking to him,you knew if the almighty was a high school football fan and was going to help anyone,it would be coach Quarles.

Edited by BatmanDevil

10 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

This game could go a long ways in the determination of seedings as well.I hit on the possibilities a few weeks ago that the makings of a DB vs Maryville game for the outright winningest team in the state could happen.I thought Farragut was very beatable and DB had as much talent as any team.HV has some players and when you start adding up victories before they happen,then a "Mcminn county"moment will get you beat.Both of these teams are capable along with two or three more of beating the machine in Maryville come playoff time.That said, without the help of God ,David wouldn't have took down the big guy and these teams might have to play their best and get a little help as well.I think this is the best year in a long time because I thought coach Quarles was such a factor at Maryville that most average coaches couldn't match him even with as much or better talent.Also,coach Quarles is the kind of guy that just speaking to him,you knew if the almighty was a high school football fan and was going to help anyone,it would be coach Quarles.

We all know there is another McMinn moment out there just waiting. I don't know what kind of passing game HV has but the DB secondary has a way of making a average QB look all world. As long as HV doesn't discover the forward pass and realize there's no limit to the number of passes you can throw in a game then DB should be able to take this one. I'm guessing the HV defensive line will be tired of pancakes by halftime.  

Last year the Dykes kid was hyped up buy DB had a very good run defense, one of the better in last year's conference, and HV couldn't seem to get the passing game going and DB had 3 interceptions, 1 was a pick 6, and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. Ian hicks #30 also had a great game last week against straight and had a good game last year against farragut. I also think thus years defensive backs are better than last year's for DB. Last year's score was 31 to 7 and I'm thinking about the same this year.