Class 1A AP Poll Oct 9

TheAmbassador

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on guys. My opinion doesn't mean a thing.  I'm just a believer in what the Stangs do. Judging from how they are blowing through the regular season and what's being said about the East I'm going to go ahead and pick em to win it all.  Barring injuries to key players they will bring home the gold.  No disrespect intended it's just my opinion.  I don't have a dog in this race.  In fact I am glad my Tornadoes moved up to 2A so we don't have to play them this year.  So here is my opinion again

1. Huntingdon

2-10 Doesn't really matter

1 hour ago, BigSwo said:

Oh come on guys. My opinion doesn't mean a thing.  I'm just a believer in what the Stangs do. Judging from how they are blowing through the regular season and what's being said about the East I'm going to go ahead and pick em to win it all.  Barring injuries to key players they will bring home the gold.  No disrespect intended it's just my opinion.  I don't have a dog in this race.  In fact I am glad my Tornadoes moved up to 2A so we don't have to play them this year.  So here is my opinion again

1. Huntingdon

2-10 Doesn't really matter

You aren't saying anything that I haven't said since last year either. Huntingdon is head and shoulders the team to beat in 1A. 

Sonny Moore Computer Power Ratings Top 10

46 HUNTINGDON                  1A     8   0   0    96.08   124.42
 67 SOUTH PITTSBURG          1A     7   0   0    80.57   116.75
 74 WHITWELL                         1A     7   0   0    87.79   115.01
 94 COALFIELD                         1A     7   1   0    81.80   112.16
113 GREENBACK                      1A     6   1   0    94.68   110.00
125 DRESDEN                           1A     7   1   0    90.31   108.05
187 CORNERSVILLE                  1A     7   1   0    76.56    97.14
190 LAKE COUNTY                    1A     6   1   0    76.38    96.59
200 JO BYRNS                            1A     6   1   0    77.54    94.17
210 MT. PLEASANT                   1A     6   2   0    80.67    92.62

20 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Stangs and Pirates are on a collision course, I say they are closer than people are letting on, looking forward to watching if/when they play!

Huntingdon is far and away the best 1A team. After Huntingdon there are 6 in the top ten that are all pretty even. SP, Greenback Coalfield and Whitwell in east. Huntingdon Lake County Dresden and Wayne County are the only schools that have a legitimate chance at getting to Cookeville.  To bad Huntingdon is in the west. Lol. In all seriousness the teams out west have an up hill battle getting through Huntingdon.  The east rep is more wide open than the west.