Mr. Football 1A Back

ZEBRA35

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Most of the time ,maybe.LC had Stavonski Wilkes ,most believe he ,Jewel Flowers or Kenny Flag were the best 3 running backs to ever play at Lake Co .Jewel played for the State championship as did Kenny who helped Lake Co win the State and won MVP .Wilkes broke their records. He didn't have the talent around him. Jewel and Kenny did. Wilkes got over 2000 yards and the other team knew he was getting the ball. I think Wilkes did get Lake Co to the third round beating Huntingdon about 50-49 in a shootout and scoring 5 or 6 touchdowns.Im not sure if Patrick Willis led Bruceton to a deep run in the playoffs.

I was talking about the kid that plays for Wake Forest. I thought someone said he played for a 1-2A team. If a team in our league has a guy like that then they should be making a lot of noise in the playoffs. 

29 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was talking about the kid that plays for Wake Forest. I thought someone said he played for a 1-2A team. If a team in our league has a guy like that then they should be making a lot of noise in the playoffs. 

You know where he played, and He played on a young team last year that had 3 seniors and 3 juniors so no deep playoffs runs. His sophomore year was the year that should have happened but our district was full of 2a teams and private schools and finished 8-3

http://www.hudl.com/v/27bPhe

4 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Pearson of Huntingdon, and I'm not being biased as I'm not a HHS fan, I've just watched a lot of hig school football and watched a lot of Mr. Footballs and he's that good. 

Warbritton ran for over 3100 yards in 1 season and didnt win. Ive given up on that silly Middle/East TN biased award. Pearson is by far the best player Ive seen in West TN this year

4 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

You know where he played, and He played on a young team last year that had 3 seniors and 3 juniors so no deep playoffs runs. His sophomore year was the year that should have happened but our district was full of 2a teams and private schools and finished 8-3

http://www.hudl.com/v/27bPhe

Yes, I now see he played at Huntland. They are usually weaker, but with a D1 athlete they should have dominated that region last season. In 2014 they lost to Clarksville Academy in the first round. That private school team wasn't anything to write home about. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

It's a regular season award. The winner is chosen before the playoffs even begin. 

Im pretty sure he was leading  all classification in rushing and tds at the end of regular season. If not mistaken he was 1 or 2 in the nation for rushing yds for a qb. 

4 hours ago, horse said:

Im pretty sure he was leading  all classification in rushing and tds at the end of regular season. If not mistaken he was 1 or 2 in the nation for rushing yds for a qb. 

Correct. You basically have to be a D1 recruit, and have the hype train rolling to win Mr Football and be from West Tennessee.

5 hours ago, horse said:

Eddie Moore played at South Pittsburg. He went and played at Tennessee then for the Miami Dolphins. He had over 2000 yards in the regular season his senior year and didn't win it. Don't feel bad...

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, I now see he played at Huntland. They are usually weaker, but with a D1 athlete they should have dominated that region last season. In 2014 they lost to Clarksville Academy in the first round. That private school team wasn't anything to write home about. 

In 2014 that same team beat up on your pirates in the fall scrimmage. We only lost to private schools that year. Why are you so negative? There is enough of that in the world today, I'm on the positive bus.