Mr. Football 1A Back

ZEBRA35

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

Givens should definitely be a semi-finalist. One thing against also is that he is a junior.

If I remember correctly he had 19 carries for 91 yards against Watertown. The offense has changed since that game. We run the I now. Even in that game, we lined up in the Power I and was getting 7-8 yard chunks on one series. A few penalties backed us up and we went back to the spread. That was the only series in that game that we ran the I.

Since that game the lowest rushing total was against TC, and I think it was about 136. Like fsu said, that was a different team than what Whitwell saw.

Maybe he will get to be a semifinalist, but the 3 finalists will be Pearson from Huntingdon, Moore from Fayetteville, and McKinney from Coalfield. Im  just telling you from experience. It's hard for a kid on a team with 2-3 losses to get nominated. Eddie Moore was the best 1A player in 1998. He had over 2000 yards. He didn't win it. Sam Pickett didn't win it in 1999. Robert Robinson was the best player in 2007 with over 2000 yards. He didn't win it. Raquis Hale had over 2500 in 2010 and he didn't either. I feel your pain. 

36 minutes ago, derFuhrer said:

I have a question for anybody that is debating this award...

What justifies Mr. Football Nomination?

Stats alone?

Team record?

Character?

Career?

Grade level?

Just curious before I mention any names

I believe its a combination of all of those.  Last year we had 2 finalist one back and one lineman, our lineman Josh Silvey won the award he was an absolute beast one of the best defensive lineman I have ever seen. Silvey was also a finalist the year before which I assume did not hurt his chances any.

14 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Maybe he will get to be a semifinalist, but the 3 finalists will be Pearson from Huntingdon, Moore from Fayetteville, and McKinney from Coalfield. Im  just telling you from experience. It's hard for a kid on a team with 2-3 losses to get nominated. Eddie Moore was the best 1A player in 1998. He had over 2000 yards. He didn't win it. Sam Pickett didn't win it in 1999. Robert Robinson was the best player in 2007 with over 2000 yards. He didn't win it. Raquis Hale had over 2500 in 2010 and he didn't either. I feel your pain. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Robinson nominated as a lineman?

The whole system is highly flawed, but I do know the writers from the Tennessean seem to be all-in on Givens. How much that matters? I truly don't know.

I do think he has a good shot at being a finalist. We'll see.

Just now, croz6110 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Robinson nominated as a lineman?

The whole system is highly flawed, but I do know the writers from the Tennessean seem to be all-in on Givens. How much that matters? I truly don't know.

I do think he has a good shot at being a finalist. We'll see.

Yes, he was and only played defense half the time. That's my point. It's all flawed. 

15 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Another thing Crozy how was Trousdale different then? Trousdale didn't have their freshmen #5, but they had the QB, Ford, and Harper that night they played Whitwell. Whitwell didn't have their QB that night or against SP. They have him back now so we all might be in trouble. 

#5 got hurt against us. I believe there were 2 receivers out against Whitwell that  wasn't against us.

Also they had a player to quit that was a starter that played against us. 

All of it's pretty moot, however, till we play Whitwell. Regardless, it will all come out in the wash.

13 hours ago, derFuhrer said:

I have a question for anybody that is debating this award...

What justifies Mr. Football Nomination?

Stats alone?

Team record?

Character?

Career?

Grade level?

Just curious before I mention any names

Pearson QB/LB Huntingdon 

Stats-not sure but they are pretty good for playing for a half in most of the games

Team record 10-0

Character-think Tim Tebow

Career-3 year starter on both sides. Played alot as a freshman which doesnt happen at Huntingdon 

Grade level-Senior-we will miss him

3 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

So didn’t the RB for Gordy have like 47-48 carries last week for like 200+ yards?  I would love for us to give someone the ball that much, but we have to spread it around to 4-5 backs year after year lol.  Good luck to all though. 

Think about what you just said. Our backs we have had in the past couldn't get that many carries. They have been pretty dynamic and would bust 60-70 yard runs several times a game, making it impossible to get that many carries.  I remember seeing kids with 20 carries for 350 yards. You're talking 47-48 carries? LMBO

21 hours ago, croz6110 said:

#5 got hurt against us. I believe there were 2 receivers out against Whitwell that  wasn't against us.

Also they had a player to quit that was a starter that played against us. 

All of it's pretty moot, however, till we play Whitwell. Regardless, it will all come out in the wash.

Just 5, a WR got hurt during the game.    

Youre right though , it’s moot until they beat ya like ya stole something.  Because they’re going to.

11 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Pearson QB/LB Huntingdon 

Stats-not sure but they are pretty good for playing for a half in most of the games

Team record 10-0

Character-think Tim Tebow

Career-3 year starter on both sides. Played alot as a freshman which doesnt happen at Huntingdon 

Grade level-Senior-we will miss him

Agree 100%