Mr. Football 1A Back

ZEBRA35

44 minutes ago, apsugov7 said:

My bad, looked up their unapproved website....3,200 yds rushing 44 Tds , 960 receiving 10 Tds, and 5 more Tds in the return game. 31 Tds last year

My question is this.. how much did he have against good teams? SP was decent last year and I know the answer to that one. Yes, he runs all over these pitiful teams. I totally agree with you, but not the good teams. 

2 hours ago, apsugov7 said:

I don't know all Moore's stats but I know he has over 4,000 rush yards and over 1,500 receiving plus Return yards and over 15 career Ints! With D1 offers at 5'8 I'd say he is pretty good, plus is a 2 star rated player.

I’ll say this. There have been plenty of backs like Moore at SP from 2007-2013 that if they had the ball 20 times a game would have had probably 2,000-2,500 rushing yards at the end of the season. Moore is a nice little back. 6 for GB is completely different though because SP tried to stop him and couldn’t. He just ran over people. As Ambassador said, Moore has been stopped against quality teams. Two good backs though, just different. I’ll end with this, if GB had Moore on their team instead of 6 I wouldn’t be as nervous about a potential matchup lol

He has played against many good teams over his Career like Columbia Academy, Forrest ( which before this year had 6 losses in 3 years) FRA, Etc etc...It silly to say he isn't played against anyone, I've seen most of his games and no one shuts him down. He can hurt you in all facets of the game.  I remember folks hating on DJ Taylor last year saying this one and that is better...DJ is playing as a true freshman at Wake Forest on sub-Packages at Special teams. He is one of 3 true freshman playing...

2 minutes ago, apsugov7 said:

He has played against many good teams over his Career like Columbia Academy, Forrest ( which before this year had 6 losses in 3 years) FRA, Etc etc...It silly to say he isn't played against anyone, I've seen most of his games and no one shuts him down. He can hurt you in all facets of the game.  I remember folks hating on DJ Taylor last year saying this one and that is better...DJ is playing as a true freshman at Wake Forest on sub-Packages at Special teams. He is one of 3 true freshman playing...

If someone in 1A had a guy that talented they should have been making a deep run in the playoffs. Where did he play?

12 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Lake Co doesn't have any newspapers that will vote for our player .Dyersburg  State Gazette is the only paper close. Jackson Sun doesn't cover or recognize Lake Co because they don't sell papers in Lake Co .So none of these people have seen Johnson play unless they were at the Dresden game ,which the Jackson paper does cover. He had well over 200 yards in that game.So unless LC makes a good run in the playoffs against maybe a Memphis school or middle Tenn team,nobody knows about him .Same with Stevonski Wilkes a couple years ago. Same with Jewel Flowers when he played. Same with Kenny Flag when he played and was named MVP in the State Championship game.

Agree, that’s why the bias and lack of homework is noticable when it comes to Mr. Football/Basketball. None of the Jackson Sun guys can probably name a Lake County player, and it’s no knock on wood at the guys at the Jackson Sun, I think they do the best they can with the resources they have. But in the fall of 2015 is when I noticed Mr. Football being a joke. Emmitt Gooden from Haywood had about 75-80 tackles and won Mr. Football, but Markevous McKinney from Jackson North Side had 110+ tackles and wasn’t mentioned. At that time, Gooden was a Miss. St. commitment and McKinney was getting looked at by Bethel and Maryville, but turned them down to head to APSU and be a normal student. I will say that Gooden was a d-end and McKinney was a linebacker, but the Indians beat the Tomcats that year and went deeper in the playoffs, but he wasn’t even a finalist. The biased and lack of homework comes out when it comes to Mr. Football/Basketball winners.

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agree, that’s why the bias and lack of homework is noticable when it comes to Mr. Football/Basketball. None of the Jackson Sun guys can probably name a Lake County player, and it’s no knock on wood at the guys at the Jackson Sun, I think they do the best they can with the resources they have. But in the fall of 2015 is when I noticed Mr. Football being a joke. Emmitt Gooden from Haywood had about 75-80 tackles and won Mr. Football, but Markevous McKinney from Jackson North Side had 110+ tackles and wasn’t mentioned. At that time, Gooden was a Miss. St. commitment and McKinney was getting looked at by Bethel and Maryville, but turned them down to head to APSU and be a normal student. I will say that Gooden was a d-end and McKinney was a linebacker, but the Indians beat the Tomcats that year and went deeper in the playoffs, but he wasn’t even a finalist. The biased and lack of homework comes out when it comes to Mr. Football/Basketball winners.

I agree. The Jackson Sun cant be everywhere .Just that our players, when they play a Jackson school or maybe a school close to the Jackson area, especially in basketball against maybe Humboldt, then the Jackson Sun or WBBJ may be there. Same in football ,LC plays at TCA next Friday night. I'm sure WBBJ will be there.But the players have to be on top of there game that night.If not,people are going to say,he's or she's not as good as I expected.Even if a player has 2000 yards and had over 200 against the number 1 team in the state which was Dresden,people that haven't seen our players may go off that one game.But same if he -she does really well.

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

If someone in 1A had a guy that talented they should have been making a deep run in the playoffs. Where did he play?

Most of the time ,maybe.LC had Stavonski Wilkes ,most believe he ,Jewel Flowers or Kenny Flag were the best 3 running backs to ever play at Lake Co .Jewel played for the State championship as did Kenny who helped Lake Co win the State and won MVP .Wilkes broke their records. He didn't have the talent around him. Jewel and Kenny did. Wilkes got over 2000 yards and the other team knew he was getting the ball. I think Wilkes did get Lake Co to the third round beating Huntingdon about 50-49 in a shootout and scoring 5 or 6 touchdowns.Im not sure if Patrick Willis led Bruceton to a deep run in the playoffs.