Nashville vs Memphis the creation of a Classic Series

kwc

6 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Yea but this is the directors first year and they just changed over from corp style.

What better time to throw them into the fire. When those young folk actually SEE the Whitehaven bands of the world, then they can SEE what their band director has been trying to communicate to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think this could fill some scheduling and revenue holes as well.  

You better believe it. The main reason these HBCU classic games go on, year after year, is because they are lucrative.

I don't see why it couldn't be done on the high school level and make money for every school involved. There are models galore to pick from.

Not to mention that it would put games on schedules that would help with scheduling woes.

Win/win.

Edited by kwc

Wouldn't there be issues with school size? Whitehaven and Cordova are a lot bigger than the Nashville schools. I know PC doesn't mind playing bigger schools but I doubt you would be able to consistently keep the games going. The bigger metro schools don't have the talent to make the playoffs much less play the best from the west. I do like the idea though.

6 hours ago, buckeyeball said:

Wouldn't there be issues with school size? Whitehaven and Cordova are a lot bigger than the Nashville schools. I know PC doesn't mind playing bigger schools but I doubt you would be able to consistently keep the games going. The bigger metro schools don't have the talent to make the playoffs much less play the best from the west. I do like the idea though.

Well, when I was typing out this thread, I was throwing in Cane Ridge into the mix. I kind of think they are similar to Cordova here in the Memphis area. Cordova is a suburb on the very east side of Memphis. It was an area that at one point, kicked the tires on becoming an independent municipality not too long ago. However, that plan got nixed, and now they are a part of the city of Memphis, even though there are some Cordova residents who get heartburn over that topic. That school WAS predominately caucasion 10-15 years ago when it opened. That school along with Germantown are now becoming more and more predominately African American with their student body enrollment. Southwind is another school here in Memphis that isn't in your 'urban area' of town, but the enrollment is predominately African American. However, when Southwind opened, it's enrollement demographic was predomitaely AA when it initially opened. I don't know anything about Cane Ridge ... but I just kind of thought that it fit into one of 'those' type of situations.

That's why I asked earlier about Cane Ridge. Somebody fill me in. I know the HC came from Melrose about 2-3-4 years ago. That was another 'trigger' as to why I think like I do about Cane Ridge.

Edited by kwc

5 minutes ago, kwc said:

Well, when I was typing out this thread, I was throwing in Cane Ridge into the mix. I kind of think they are similar Cordova here in the Memphis area. Cordova is a suburb on the very east side of Memphis. It was an area that at one point, kicked the tire on becoming an independent municipality not too long ago. However, that plan got nixed, and they are a pert of the city of Memphis, even though there are some Cordova residents who get heartburn over that topic. That school WAS predominately caucasion 10-15 years ago when it opened. That school along with Germantown are now becoming more and more predominately African American with their student body enrollment. Southwind is another school here in Memphis that isn't in your 'urban area' of town, but the enrollment is predominately African American. However, when Southwind opened, it's enrollement demographic was predomitaely AA when it initially opened. I don't know anything about Cane Ridge ... but I just kind of thought that it fit into one of 'those type of situations.

That;s why I asked earlier about Cane Ridge. Somebody fill me in. I know the HC came from Melrose about 2-3-4 years ago. That was another 'trigger' as to why I think like I do about Cane Ridge.

Cane Ridge won't even play PC so I know Whitehaven is out...lol

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Well, when I was typing out this thread, I was throwing in Cane Ridge into the mix. I kind of think they are similar Cordova here in the Memphis area. Cordova is a suburb on the very east side of Memphis. It was an area that at one point, kicked the tire on becoming an independent municipality not too long ago. However, that plan got nixed, and they are a pert of the city of Memphis, even though there are some Cordova residents who get heartburn over that topic. That school WAS predominately caucasion 10-15 years ago when it opened. That school along with Germantown are now becoming more and more predominately African American with their student body enrollment. Southwind is another school here in Memphis that isn't in your 'urban area' of town, but the enrollment is predominately African American. However, when Southwind opened, it's enrollement demographic was predomitaely AA when it initially opened. I don't know anything about Cane Ridge ... but I just kind of thought that it fit into one of 'those type of situations.

That;s why I asked earlier about Cane Ridge. Somebody fill me in. I know the HC came from Melrose about 2-3-4 years ago. That was another 'trigger' as to why I think like I do about Cane Ridge.

CR is on the border line of Metro. The school is mostly aa but other races are strongly represented in the school none like the few inner city schools that are I left. Oan I highly doubt that CR would want to play WH especially Week 1 but he is from Memphis and did play them at Melrose I think. If anybody would take on the challenge it would probably be us.  That would be a HARD week 1 and 2 for us. We play Mba every year week two. Also our divisions are not the same. I think Cane Ridge has about 6 or 7 district games and we have 4.

Edited by FBfan26