What schools took fall break off? Why?

hardtackle

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

Because parents and kids think that since it is fall break, they go on vacation.

Serious programs the players stay.  Nonserious, people bounce.  There's your answer.  During football season players should be at practice, I wish they would do away with fall breaks.

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

I know youth teams that don't take fall break off from practice.

We haven't been on a Fall Break vacation since my son was six!!  Maybe even five, we probably even practiced during flag.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Oak Ridge practiced during Fall Break but did so in the morning so the players had most of the day off. I am glad they practiced because the Wildcats have hit their stride and are improving every week.

Let's be honest guys, most of the players would have liked to had some of Fall Break off. Most players have various bumps and bruises and some are actually playing with injuries. Also, most players have academic responsibilities to take care of during the break. I know Oak Ridge players have  Major Author papers due October 30th and are probably scrambling to get it done. 

I guess my point is...Coaches have a difficult decision to make in regards how hard to practice the players. You won't to keep them focused on the season but you also know how hurt many players are. I don't think we should judge what the coaches do.