Dobunz Bentit vs Jeff Co

DBGRAD70

9 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Good post Batman.  But honestly, school fans should want both.  I am not just a football fan. I want all sports, including band to excel. But I do understand what you mean.

Yep,Greeneville has a nice band but there isn't another band in the state to compare to DB's.That's all well and if I had band kids coming up,DB would be the school for them.On the other hand ,I wouldn't be a very good band parent .It's one thing knowing something about a game and what coach is worth a shet or why kids won't play or a number of things that could be done for a program.It's a whole different beast when the band is one of the best in the country and all a good band parent should do.It was bad enough with some of the smart az stuff around the football program.I can't imagine being around a big time winner at DB and all those long trips and things they do to keep it going.

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

So what kind of QB and receivers does Jeff. Co. have?

I know what you're thinking but no need, last week was a fluke.    In the last 25 years DB is 20-1 against the Pats.   Even a mediocre and badly coached DB team can beat JC this year.    The Pats are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs so they really have nothing to play for in this one.    Basketball time in Jeff Co..

43 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I know what you're thinking but no need, last week was a fluke.    In the last 25 years DB is 20-1 against the Pats.   Even a mediocre and badly coached DB team can beat JC this year.    The Pats are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs so they really have nothing to play for in this one.    Basketball time in Jeff Co..

You never know how young guys will compete.This is the kind of game the players need to take care of business and get the backups in quick.Way to important of a game not to be ready and win.This is for atlest one home playoff game and probably 2 compared to going on the road.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Not so fast: There is a chance, even though it's a long shot:

From the TSSAA and checked by @Kreager

Division I, Class 6A, Region 1
  1 2 3 4
Dobyns Bennett wins, Farragut wins Dobyns Bennett Farragut Science Hill Bearden
Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins, Dobyns Bennett wins Dobyns Bennett Farragut Science Hill Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Bearden wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Bearden
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Farragut wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Jefferson Co.

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

1 2 3 4
Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins, Dobyns Bennett wins Dobyns Bennett Farragut Science Hill Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Farragut wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Jefferson Co.

This iz vurry vurry ennurustin RR......Goodur werk.....

One qwesshun fer Batman orr Waco....Duz ole Clark steal haiv a tv show....???........Eye like hiz joaks....:thumb:

17 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

1 2 3 4

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, BatmanDevil said:

Can't argue this but I hope there is enough leadership not to let this happen again.As I say every year,there should be a McMinn game film to show mid-week before that first round game or atleast any playoff game that DB is a huge favorite and without a question has the better team .DB should have won by 4 or 5 touchdowns that game.

I think DB did the right thing by strengthening their schedule this year. Iron sharpens iron. In the past DB has put up 9-1 and 10-0 regular seasons but they have been unprepared for the higher level completion in the playoffs.

Think of all the 9-1 and 10-0 DB teams that were 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs. To put it in prospective, William Blount has 4 playoff wins in 38 years. half of those are against 10-0 DB teams.

DB is more prepared this year than in the past. I don't think they will get past Maryville, but they have are more battle hardened than in the past

47 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think DB did the right thing by strengthening their schedule this year. Iron sharpens iron. In the past DB has put up 9-1 and 10-0 regular seasons but they have been unprepared for the higher level completion in the playoffs.

Think of all the 9-1 and 10-0 DB teams that were 0-1 or 1-1 in the playoffs. To put it in prospective, William Blount has 4 playoff wins in 38 years. half of those are against 10-0 DB teams.

DB is more prepared this year than in the past. I don't think they will get past Maryville, but they have are more battle hardened than in the past

I don't think it's been a players problem of not having a competitive schedule,maybe just a coach tightening up under pressure.Find a copy of the McMinn game in 2008.McMinn couldn't stick their finger up their own  backside on either side of the ball and DB was by far the better team.Find a copy of the SC playoff loss when DB was up late 28-0.Plenty more but there is no need to dig deep.I love my Devils,but say if Coach Ballard and coach Clark had traded places 2 or 3 years ago and coach Ballard brought the same DB players down to Greeneville this year , without building the DB strength program or getting all the athletes back out,just this same group the way they are.How many folks think my Devils win that game.I don't know the answer to that but the vast majority I talked to said there was no way DB should have left a loser the night they played Greeneville this year.Those were all Devil fans.Once again ,Its really an average bunch of competition outside of Maryville in the East for 6A and they are not unbeatable this year.That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they or the team that upsets them in the East doesn't win it all.

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I had several friends who left that game in the 3rd at 28-0.     Who woulda thunk it?

I knew it wasn't over.Got to give those SC boys a lot of credit.They had some fine athletes and done a great job.That said,I can't count the times you just get the feeling momentum has turned on the Tribe in A playoff game and couldn't be fixed.This year,I think that may be out of the system with atleast 2 games DB could've,would've,shouldve won and know to keep their foot on the pedal until it's over.