Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville for Region Title

steelcityroller

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ok let's not make this solely about MJ and our weak schedule. Hendersonville is picking up steam and it surely is making MJ faithful nervous. They have a potent offense, and they seem to be stingy on defense at times. offensively is where MJ has to capitalize, our defense has been great but yet to be truly tested. MJ has one of the best rushers in the misstate in Aidan Raines, Our QB Cody Glass is a 70% completion passer, multiple weapons at wideout, and plenty of strong runners backing up Raines. Defensively MJ has a swarm to the ball mentality, solid coverage from the Dbs, strong, big Dline. I'm not sure what Hville has to offer from a position standpoint.  I would probably give the edge to MJ here in a closer than I'd like type of ballgame.

Hendersonville has 2 very good backs from the 1 game I saw. As stated earlier hughes is their main guy. Hughes averages 11 to 12 yards a carry. Only touching the ball 8 times in the win over rossview. Another guy that caught my eye was Derek Kincaid, a little more speed on that kid and he will be a force. I also saw more throws and actual completions from hendersonville than I thought possible earlier in the year. My concern in this football game is hendersonville's D. From my understanding they are young but make stops when needed. With that being said i give hendersonville a touchdown advantage given the home field. 

Edited by Yalfan

18 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

lol you're a joke. So Hillsboro a team that lost to Gallatin 16-14, and we beat Gallatin 37-0... is better than us? Beech is not better I'll put it to you like this, we didn't struggle to beat Wilson Central, and we sure wouldn't struggle to beat a weaker than normal Henry County, Beech is lucky to be in 5a where they are the best team next to no one which isn't saying much... also Mj beats Riverdale, Beech, Hillsboro, and probably MBA.

And I’ll put it to you like this: we didn’t struggle to beat YOU. You’ll come back and say “it was a scrimmage (jamboree), it doesn’t count” but if you know anything about little perry you know he’d do anything to beat Crabtree and Beech. Beech wasn’t the one attempting to run out the clock in a “scrimmage”. The problem for you is Beech and Coach Crabtree continue to own little perry and mj just like they always have, even though you have 600 more students than Beech.  Even when you occasionally have a good team like this year, little Beech still owns you. You actually make my point for me. If mj was as good as you think they are, they should have run little Beech off the field with their jv, even if it was a jamboree. 

Edited by tandem

I have nothing but respect and dislike for both of these teams.  With that being said, to this date Mt. Juliet has beaten every team on their schedule.  SOS has merit but so does currently sitting at 9-0.  With 7 of those games being shutouts.  Let the playoffs determine if they are a great or good team.  I've seen several 10-0 teams lose in the first round of the playoffs.  I've also seen a team start 0-5 win it all.  This is great banter but Mt. Juliet has done pretty remarkable as a whole this season.  

25 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I have nothing but respect and dislike for both of these teams.  With that being said, to this date Mt. Juliet has beaten every team on their schedule.  SOS has merit but so does currently sitting at 9-0.  With 7 of those games being shutouts.  Let the playoffs determine if they are a great or good team.  I've seen several 10-0 teams lose in the first round of the playoffs.  I've also seen a team start 0-5 win it all.  This is great banter but Mt. Juliet has done pretty remarkable as a whole this season.  

Agree. The “haters” on here don’t hate Mt Juliet, they hate mjgoldenbear. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Exactly! But hate is a strong word, more like dislike...lol

Right. I got nothing but love for the Bears. I lived in MJ, I had family that went to MJ. Been to many football games there, i honestly hope that the Bears can win it all and I’ll be pulling for them the whole way. But my unbiased opinion is what I stated earlier. I just don’t like the cockiness and “I’m better than everyone” attitude. 

Folks, all this talk about a good team taking a loss in the first round of the playoffs is crazy and just plain stupid.  You now have six (6) public school divisions and three (3) private school divisions.  Winning a state championship is much like purchasing a mail order bride from Russia, most anyone can do it as it's not that difficult.  Now if you want to place everyone back together and return to three or four divisions with only the district champions going to the playoffs I could see how a good team may take a loss in the first round of the playoffs.  As it is the playoffs are a joke just like the regular season schedule of some teams!  It appears as if very few head coaches want to test themselves against the very best competition to see how good they actually may be on a given Friday evening.

Edited by cbg

MJ has played a weak schedule. In saying that; they took care of business of business ; didn't have a close game and shut a number of teams out. That says a lot. They didn't play down to the competition or over look anyone.

I think MJ will go deep into the payoffs; but if they were to get beat; that doesn't mean they are not a good team. All this talk about their weak schedule and not being a top team just adds fuel to the fire. They feel they have some thing to prove and play with an edge. You an bet that Coach T and his staff keep pumping this to the bears; just as any good coach would.

The Hendersonville game will be a good game between two very good teams . H'ville is a tough place to get a win. This will be a great play off atmosphere to get these teams ready for the playoffs next week.

Any chance anyone can put this game on YouTube? I wish I could be there to see it.

GO BEARS !

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Folks, all this talk about a good team taking a loss in the first round of the playoffs is crazy and just plain stupid.  You now have six (6) public school divisions and three (3) private school divisions.  Winning a state championship is much like purchasing a mail order bride from Russia, most anyone can do it as it's not that difficult.  Now if you want to place everyone back together and return to three or four divisions with only the district champions going to the playoffs I could see how a good team may take a loss in the first round of the playoffs.  As it is the playoffs are a joke just like the regular season schedule of some teams!  It appears as if very few head coaches want to test themselves against the very best competition to see how good they actually may be on a given Friday evening.

It's all about the money.