Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville for Region Title

steelcityroller

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Well the thing that stick out the most to me is how thin Hendersonville is. Most of their guys go both ways. Hard to beat teams from this area when you lack depth because they just grind on you all game

Very thin up front and very young as stated above.  I think it took some of our players a while to get it going as quite a few are first time starters.  It didn’t help that all 3 RB were out at the beginning of the year.  We played our best game of the year against Gallatin a couple of weeks ago and did just enough to beat Rossview.  It will take a superhuman effort against the Bears as they are just as good as their record indicates.  Size, speed, and experience in every position for them.  When we tee it up Friday the schedule that both teams have played will not matter one bit.  Makes for interesting conversation but will have zero effect Friday night.  Very thankful for the opportunity that stands before us.      Weather forecast not looking good right now, hope it changes.

24 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Very thin up front and very young as stated above.  I think it took some of our players a while to get it going as quite a few are first time starters.  It didn’t help that all 3 RB were out at the beginning of the year.  We played our best game of the year against Gallatin a couple of weeks ago and did just enough to beat Rossview.  It will take a superhuman effort against the Bears as they are just as good as their record indicates.  Size, speed, and experience in every position for them.  When we tee it up Friday the schedule that both teams have played will not matter one bit.  Makes for interesting conversation but will have zero effect Friday night.  Very thankful for the opportunity that stands before us.      Weather forecast not looking good right now, hope it changes.

If MJ wins Friday night, they have finally beat someone good. I don't care what anyone from the outside says about that. Hville is a good opponent that can hold their own against most good 6a teams. So I'm sure people will try to take away the joy if we do win, but I'm stating here that Hville is no slouch.

5 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If MJ wins Friday night, they have finally beat someone good. I don't care what anyone from the outside says about that. Hville is a good opponent that can hold their own against most good 6a teams. So I'm sure people will try to take away the joy if we do win, but I'm stating here that Hville is no slouch.

If you beat a team that is coached by Bruce Hatfield, then you indeed had a good night

On 10/21/2017 at 11:15 PM, wave88 said:

If this game were played at Mt. Juliet, I would go with them in a close one.  Being that it is in Hendersonville, I'm taking the home team in a close upset.  I know it was earlier in the season when I saw Mt. Juliet but I think Hendersonville has righted their ship and are headed in the right direction.  To me, Kincaid is the kid you have to pay attention to.  Good luck to both teams this week and against those Ru-Co teams in the playoffs.

I'm sure you thought that Gallatin/MJ game was going to be a barn burner too.... Gthoh

On 10/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, Bump11 said:

I probably would over Cookeville. Riverdale would be a toss up. Don’t think they beat Blackman. Even without Teague. And Oakland wins by 2 scores. Atleast 2

Even though Cookeville beat Blackman by 17 last week?

Blackman isn't seemingly as good as they were at the start of the season.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:36 PM, CommandoPride1478 said:

Blackman has some definite holes on defense.  Mt Juliet has two crazy good corners and stud linebackers and an agressive dline.  Makes a huge difference when you dont have to sell out to stop Teauge.  I realize that everyone sees Mt Juliet as having played a weak schedule.  Our region was not great this year and they scheduled some really weak out of region games.  But that D is for real.  I think it will by far be the best D HHS has played since they scrimmaged Oakland.

Dont get me wrong, I think Blackman still has a great chance to make some real noise in playoffs.  If a #1 Mt Juliet or a #1 HHS gets Blackman in the first round....that would be a BRUTAL draw for a 1 seed.

I've been saying it all year that this region has the hardest path to a championship. A path that potentially could be something like Blackman, Cookeville/Riverdale, Oakland, Maryville and Whitehaven etc.

Whereas in comparison look at Region 5 and 6 and you have Cane Ridge and Brentwood then a considerable drop to the next tier of teams.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:05 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ok let's not make this solely about MJ and our weak schedule. Hendersonville is picking up steam and it surely is making MJ faithful nervous. They have a potent offense, and they seem to be stingy on defense at times. offensively is where MJ has to capitalize, our defense has been great but yet to be truly tested. MJ has one of the best rushers in the misstate in Aidan Raines, Our QB Cody Glass is a 70% completion passer, multiple weapons at wideout, and plenty of strong runners backing up Raines. Defensively MJ has a swarm to the ball mentality, solid coverage from the Dbs, strong, big Dline. I'm not sure what Hville has to offer from a position standpoint.  I would probably give the edge to MJ here in a closer than I'd like type of ballgame.

The running back for Hendersonville the Hughes kid is probably the most explosive back that I feel like I seen all year. They limit his touches I think somebody said because of injury concerns but he averages 10+ yards per carry.

When they played Lebanon he had something crazy like 9 carries for 170 yards and 2 touchdowns and I was like wth isn't this kid getting the ball? Every run was a big play.

So just something to watch for maybe they have been saving him for this part of the season.

12 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Even though Cookeville beat Blackman by 17 last week?

Blackman isn't seemingly as good as they were at the start of the season.

I've been saying it all year that this region has the hardest path to a championship. A path that potentially could be something like Blackman, Cookeville/Riverdale, Oakland, Maryville and Whitehaven etc.

Whereas in comparison look at Region 5 and 6 and you have Cane Ridge and Brentwood then a considerable drop to the next tier of teams.

The running back for Hendersonville the Hughes kid is probably the most explosive back that I feel like I seen all year. They limit his touches I think somebody said because of injury concerns but he averages 10+ yards per carry.

When they played Lebanon he had something crazy like 9 carries for 170 yards and 2 touchdowns and I was like wth isn't this kid getting the ball? Every run was a big play.

So just something to watch for maybe they have been saving him for this part of the season.

MJ is loaded from top to bottom. It will take more than 1 player to make a difference for the Commandos. They can't match MJ blow for blow.

MOJO

Edited by DylanPanthers1

9 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

The only question I have is will Coach Perry at MJ run the score up to send a message to future Bear opponents.  I think he will.

He goes in there being cocky, he is liable to have his tail handed to him.

H'ville is NOT a cupcake y'all are making it out to be.  You ARE providing some good bulletin board material though.