Cardinals vs The Tide

JungleJim125

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I would be wearing out that big receiver if I was y'all. That kid is huge and has to be a matchup 

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I would be wearing out that big receiver if I was y'all. That kid is huge and has to be a matchup problem for any defense.

Go figure!!!He is good for 10 yac every time!Sometime we never throw him the ball!!!

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I only seen y'all throw to him two or three times the other night

Dude we didn't throw to him at all in our 2 loses,matter of fact UC nor Rebs can defend the pass,we have a young but solid QB and 2 grade A receivers Cliff Jr is a beast!No excuses but when you loose because you play a 1 dimensional game as deep as we are it makes you scratch your nogin!!! 

Edited by peabodypride

1 hour ago, peabodypride said:

Dude we didn't throw to him at all in our 2 loses,matter of fact UC nor Rebs can defend the pass,we have a young but solid QB and 2 grade A receivers Cliff Jr is a beast!No excuses but when you loose because you play a 1 dimensional game as deep as we are it makes you scratch your nogin!!! 

Peabody seems like a tough place to coach. A 7-2 team with 7 point loss to Union City and a 2 point loss to a senior loaded McKenzie team that lost to Union City by 2 Friday night. 10 years ago you guys were a joke. Now you're Alabama and supposed to go undefeated every year? I remember Peabody being automatic win for us every year. I always laugh at Peabody posters. You're not Milan, Huntington, Lexington, etc. Quit acting like you're too good to be 7-2 when your best players are sophomores. 

12 minutes ago, RockyTop98 said:

Peabody seems like a tough place to coach. A 7-2 team with 7 point loss to Union City and a 2 point loss to a senior loaded McKenzie team that lost to Union City by 2 Friday night. 10 years ago you guys were a joke. Now you're Alabama and supposed to go undefeated every year? I remember Peabody being automatic win for us every year. I always laugh at Peabody posters. You're not Milan, Huntington, Lexington, etc. Quit acting like you're too good to be 7-2 when your best players are sophomores. 

Sorry but I’m not quite sure I understand what point you’re trying to make... Peabody is a very successful program. If I recall correctly, 10 years ago Peabody made a run to the state semi finals where they fell to Goodpasture. Along that way they knocked off a gritty Westview team in Martin & then faced a Milan team, that was poised to beat Alcoa  in the state championship, at Milan. After that year Peabody had a few down years but to degrade that program the way you are would be inaccurate. Out of the last 5 years, Peabody has beat Milan 3 times. Also Peabody’s run to their first state title, if I remember correctly, they defeated Huntingdon in the first round of the playoffs. So to say that Peabody isn’t a “Milan” “Huntingdon” or “Lexington” would be an absurd statement. Out of those 3 particular teams, Peabody is the only one to win a state championship in the past 10 years. 

10 hours ago, peabodypride said:

We are gonna play hard!I am gonna stay confident ,yet humble!I meen we are tied for best overall record in the division,but lack of focus or overconfidence,or what have you has us having to beat a 2A powerhouse just to make it to the next dance!So I say this if GT shows up and shows out us by 7!If A VILLE is themselves it's a toss up!!I won't make it to this one,just be there to walk the kiddo out for senior night then back to the Bar and Grill! I know we will sure be glad to fill the seats and y'alls bellies with grub!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!!

What is the name of your bar? Where is it??

8 hours ago, RockyTop98 said:

No doubt, Peabody doesn't  the longstanding tradition of those programs, no argument there.  However in the past 5-10 years the landscape of West TN football  has changed.  Programs like Adamsville, Dresden, Trenton, Union City have vastly improved and have been every bit as good as those perennial powerhouses you mentioned and have been better in the past 5 years in my opinion, 4 gold balls between those teams).  That being said, I fully expect Huntington to bring one home this year so that doesn't really apply to them.

34 minutes ago, TitleTown21 said:

Pulling hard for the Tide in this one.  Come on Peabody help us out 

If they don't mix it up they won't win. The Ville has very good corners but they have some open spots in the middle of their defense. I don't think Peabody will have much of a running game against them. Peabodys weakness is when you get their defense moving side to side. The Ville QB could be the doom of Peabody.