2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

20 hours ago, Vol2Vol2 said:

Have you seen Cumberland county first half schedule? Nearly all top 25 teams at the time they played them, not their fault they were moved into a weak district for the second half of their schedule. Far and away the best AA team this first half. Unless the likes of Blackman, Stone Memorial, Beech, White County,Clarkrange, and McMinn are not "good teams".

None of these teams you mentioned are Top 25 teams outside of Clarkrange (maybe)

1 hour ago, ADMIRAL said:

Cumberland County choose to play in the weaker district.  They will not be tested in district play.  I believe it would of been more beneficial  to play in 8AA.  Playing  Upperman and Macon would help them gain more big game experience  before tournament time.     Stone, Blackman and White are all average 3AAA teams this year.  Clarkrange is there strongest opponent on schedule.  I believe Upperman is the team to beat in AA.  

Cumberland County did not choose to play in 7AA. The TSSAA assigned them to that district. CCHS requested to play in 8AA due to the natural rivalries they already had but were denied.

1 minute ago, ballinup90 said:

None of these teams you mentioned are Top 25 teams outside of Clarkrange (maybe)

They were when they played them. If you still doubt then check out CoachT own rankings. Cumberland  Co has a schedule ranking of 20 which is probably why they have them ranked #1. Not another of their top ten teams have a schedule ranked higher. Don't worry too much though, only half way though the season. The pretenders will soon fall by the way side.

1 hour ago, ADMIRAL said:

Cumberland County choose to play in the weaker district.  They will not be tested in district play.  I believe it would of been more beneficial  to play in 8AA.  Playing  Upperman and Macon would help them gain more big game experience  before tournament time.     Stone, Blackman and White are all average 3AAA teams this year.  Clarkrange is there strongest opponent on schedule.  I believe Upperman is the team to beat in AA.  

How did they "choose" to play in a weaker district? Upperman and Macon will get their shot during regional play.

I've followed Upper Cumberland basketball for 30 plus years and i"m not sure what natural rivalries you are referring to.  Logistics wise 8AA was a no brainer.  8AA is traditional one of the strongest districts top to bottom.   To be the best you need to play the best.   Word to the wise...Be careful what you wish for!   Upperman and Macon do not fall into the cupcake category.

3 hours ago, ADMIRAL said:

I've followed Upper Cumberland basketball for 30 plus years and i"m not sure what natural rivalries you are referring to.  Logistics wise 8AA was a no brainer.  8AA is traditional one of the strongest districts top to bottom.   To be the best you need to play the best.   Word to the wise...Be careful what you wish for!   Upperman and Macon do not fall into the cupcake category.

Stone beat Macon co. Cchs had stone down 28 in the 4th before calling off the dogs. Maybe you should watch a few games before commenting on them

8 hours ago, Vol2Vol2 said:

They were when they played them. If you still doubt then check out CoachT own rankings. Cumberland  Co has a schedule ranking of 20 which is probably why they have them ranked #1. Not another of their top ten teams have a schedule ranked higher. Don't worry too much though, only half way though the season. The pretenders will soon fall by the way side.

I think UHS is slightly better 

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

I think UHS is slightly better 

I would love to know how you come to that conclusion. Other than just being a fan of UHS. One team fills their schedule with competitive games pre Christmas break, while the other "coasts" through a weaker schedule as per the norm. We will see if it pays off when region play comes around. 

36 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

You really don't believe that uhs has played a tougher schedule so far, than Cumberland county, do you?  

At this point the difference in the schedules between these two teams if very minimal. They have one opponent in common Livingston. CCHS beat them 73-36 by 37 and UHS beat them 64-26 by 38. I think CCHS may be a better overall shooting team but do not think they can defend Levy. So at this point it is all just speculation but time will possibly tell.