2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

49 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Teams will not want to play Maplewood in the tournament. They are the 3 seed in 10AA. I watched them handle East Nashville Friday.  10AA is good athletic district, Maplewood has 2nd biggest team in AA (behind Westview) who is putting it together as of late. They lost to PC by 3 & 7, lost to East by 20+ and beat them Friday by 4 or 5 (if I can recall). They have a 6'3 - 6'2 - 6'4 -6''2 THAT START! They are long and athletic team that plays hard, defend well, and alter game plans. Be on the lookout for this team in the post season.

They might be big but I would say those numbers are a little elevated to make it look good on the roster

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, ADMIRAL said:

Doesn't surprise me that those bias Cumberland County fans are crying about the refs.  They seem to think that they should be able grab and push on defense and call it pressure.  How dare those refs from another association call a foul a foul.  CC only knows how to play one style and if the refs let them do it, they are tough to beat.  There best player can really score the ball but you can take a charge when she drives the lane.  Why was she in the game early in the 4th with 4 fouls?  Where were those other D1 guards at?   When you play in a district as weak as 7AA  it's not hard to hide individual and team weaknesses.  Playing weak teams should give you bench a chance to get stronger but not if your intention is to play your starters to pad their stats when your up 30 plus.   Clarkrange and Central are the only teams that have tested CC since December.  Central may have exposed a few weakness.   Adjusting your playing style to the way the refs are calling the game will be a big key in region play.  TSSAA determines which association will call a region.  Bad refs are apart of it but Blaming the refs is just bush league!        

Good post!

18 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

AP Poll for this week (first place votes):

1. Upperman(11)

2. Westview(1)

3. Cheatham Co. 

4. South Greene(1)

5. Cumberland County

6. Northview Academy 

7. Dyersburg

8. Macon County 

9. Meigs County 

10. East Nashville 

McMinn Central beat both Meigs  and Cumberland last week....

• Like 1

On February 11, 2018 at 9:20 PM, ADMIRAL said:

Doesn't surprise me that those bias Cumberland County fans are crying about the refs.  They seem to think that they should be able grab and push on defense and call it pressure.  How dare those refs from another association call a foul a foul.  CC only knows how to play one style and if the refs let them do it, they are tough to beat.  There best player can really score the ball but you can take a charge when she drives the lane.  Why was she in the game early in the 4th with 4 fouls?  Where were those other D1 guards at?   When you play in a district as weak as 7AA  it's not hard to hide individual and team weaknesses.  Playing weak teams should give you bench a chance to get stronger but not if your intention is to play your starters to pad their stats when your up 30 plus.   Clarkrange and Central are the only teams that have tested CC since December.  Central may have exposed a few weakness.   Adjusting your playing style to the way the refs are calling the game will be a big key in region play.  TSSAA determines which association will call a region.  Bad refs are apart of it but Blaming the refs is just bush league!        

In case you didn't notice, Cumberland county played the toughest schedule in AA this year. And a victory by referee is not honorable. As far as starters running up stats, I was at upperman when they beat York. All 5 starters still in the game with 6 to go in 4th, up by 38.  Still shooting 3s. And they scored 20 in the last 6 minutes, with the clock running. Levy finished with 45.   Where is your criticism for them?  Not to mention one of the referees high fiving levy before the game. If you're going to call out somebody, then call out everybody. 

CC did not play the toughest schedule in AA this year. The site you have continued to use does not take into consideration out of state teams. But hey keep on keeping on. We will see how good CC really is come tournament time. I would say CC is top five but after that who knows until they start playing other top AA teams.

Edited by workinprogress

4 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

CC did not play the toughest schedule in AA this year. The site you have continued to use does not take into consideration out of state teams. But hey keep on keeping on. We will see how good CC really is come tournament time. I would say CC is top five but after that who knows until they start playing other top AA teams.

every team plays out of state teams, so that argument is a wash across the board.