Springfield at Lexington

DANR

Glad I was wrong about the winner of the turnover battle winning the game. Lexington has some good athletes for sure but the one dimensional offense hurts them, in my opinion. Springfield kept shooting themselves in the foot in the first half with the turnovers and really stopped themselves more than the Tigers stopped them. Lexington hurt themselves with some untimely false starts in the second half which got them behind the chains starting out drives also. 

44 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Glad I was wrong about the winner of the turnover battle winning the game. Lexington has some good athletes for sure but the one dimensional offense hurts them, in my opinion. Springfield kept shooting themselves in the foot in the first half with the turnovers and really stopped themselves more than the Tigers stopped them. Lexington hurt themselves with some untimely false starts in the second half which got them behind the chains starting out drives also. 

Pretty cool analogy about Lexington with what I've been saying all year. One dimensional offense kills them when they're in the 4th quarter and losing. They are falling into the norm of "6-8 wins in the regular season, losing in the 2nd round." Now, I will say the Tigers got better as the season went on. So theoretically, they actually didn't have a bad year. It's just that they are in this rut where they can't find a way to get into the semis, and they still have that one dimensional offense that probably won't go away.

8 hours ago, JacketLover said:

The turnover stat is a little misleading. Three of the 5 turnovers came on 4th down so there was likely a change of possession coming. One of the interceptions actually hurt Lexington as it was on 4th down and intercepted 15 yds down the field.  Special teams were the key. Two of Springfield scores came on an 8 yd drive after a blocked punt and a punt return. 

56 minutes ago, OldSkyhawk said:

The turnover stat is a little misleading. Three of the 5 turnovers came on 4th down so there was likely a change of possession coming. One of the interceptions actually hurt Lexington as it was on 4th down and intercepted 15 yds down the field.  Special teams were the key. Two of Springfield scores came on an 8 yd drive after a blocked punt and a punt return. 

You're exactly right.  In the first half we had a hard time getting LHS off the field in third down you were able to consistently convert and hang onto the ball

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Upvote 1