Bradley at DB (Round 2)

DBGRAD70

42 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

There’s a few Bradley fans. This should be a good game. 

Yeah we are glutton's for punishment... We want Maryville again :) (way back in the day, when Baylor and Bradley competed in the public AAA class, a Baylor player once said, 'other teams are tough, but the toughest was the Bears... most teams have one or two that want to kill you... that whole team wants to kill you....' I like that rep ;) hehheh)

And yes, this will be a good one. Bradley is light on defense but fast and aggressive... Offense is able to do a lot of things. and if history repeats this will be a high scoring affair.

Edited by alt1958

This should be a great game to watch on Friday night.Exactly the two teams that should play for a chance to try and take on Maryville to advance to the state semifinal ,if Maryville plays good enough to get there themselves.Dobyns Bennett looked very sharp last night and that was a good game to build on.I won't be as arrogant about DB's chances this week but I feel they have a team playing at a very high level right now.I noticed DB wasn't 100% on the depth chart last night and that didn't slow them,hope all are back for round 2 because it will take a better all around game each Friday night.Smart coaching and smart players doing their job will be the key as they advance.I expect a much better turnout then Kingsport had last night at J Fred.No the band will not be there but this is football and how many times has DB had a chance in the last 50 years to really do well in the playoffs. That was a pretty darn weak effort by the locals last night and the band was here.These players deserve better support from their fans after the work they have done this year.

36 minutes ago, DaChampsAgain said:

Can't remember.  Was this the first game Standifer made his debut in last year? Seems like it was. Hope our little slow fellers up front don't get pushed around by that OL this year and we can make it a game.

Standifer came in relieving Copeland a few plays then had to take over in the Hardin Valley game after Copeland reinjured the shoulder. Got his first start, at QB, last year against Maryville.

Last year, Standifer started as JV QB, then showed up as a receiver against Cleveland, then came in to play WR and Punt when Howell went out then moved to QB when Copeland went down. Any way you look at it, he's been quite the competitor for the Bears.

Edited by alt1958

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Is this where DB 'CHOKES' yet again this year?

Get on board or go back to sleep.  This team is giving it all they have, and have already out performed all expectations.  Great year going on .  Don't waste the chance to enjoy one thing in this world that is positive and exciting.

The tribe will have a full roster back, and are basically all healthy.  Defense, which has been the only real negative, has suddenly found its Mojo, and is playing great the past few games.  Holding Dykes to 71 yards, and Ootewah (who scored over 40 in eight of ten games) to 7 is quite a feat.  Adding all this to balanced offensive attack, if DB loses, they will lose with their best.   I expect a grinding ground control offense of at least 28 points.  Brad will need 30 or more to have a chance.