Bradley at DB (Round 2)

DBGRAD70

38 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Same everywhere I guess.The radio guys are no different.Now I always try and get either the other teams station or the high school  radio for DB .The guys on that one DB station are such homers I can't enjoy the broadcast.Sure the refs screw up and yes some probably shouldn't be out there, but 99.9% of them are not against any one team every Friday night .Get excited about great plays but except when the other team makes them as well.

You're talking about WKPT?

22 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You're talking about WKPT?

Not sure but If a flag is thrown and atleast one of them cry like a little girl before we know who its on ,then its possible.The best DB game that I heard this year was I believe espn and Bobby Rader was on the radio with them that night.No homer either way and when something good happened for either team is was told.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Not sure but If a flag is thrown and atleast one of them cry like a little girl before we know who its on ,then its possible.The best DB game that I heard this year was I believe espn and Bobby Rader was on the radio with them that night.No homer either way and when something good happened for either team is was told.

You know it was KPT.  Their broadcast drive me crazy. Lots of focus on bad officiating. There is bad officiating but hard to know qhen they're right.

My 27 year old daughter told me last night that she'll be in the band Friday night. The alumni band that is.  The DB band is away at national championships. This will be interesting because she hasn't played the sax much since she was in the MTSU band.

Big football fan though.  If you hear someone yelling nooooooooo at the top of their lungs if BC makes a run for the end zone, that would be her.

18 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

You know it was KPT.  Their broadcast drive me crazy. Lots of focus on bad officiating. There is bad officiating but hard to know qhen they're right.

My 27 year old daughter told me last night that she'll be in the band Friday night. The alumni band that is.  The DB band is away at national championships. This will be interesting because she hasn't played the sax much since she was in the MTSU band.

Big football fan though.  If you hear someone yelling nooooooooo at the top of their lungs if BC makes a run for the end zone, that would be her.

That's a lot better then when they handed out kazoos one year at an away game.

22 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I was going to correct him, but i thought he might hear y’all yelling :D

I decided he had to be deaf and blind. Can't read the name right and mispronounced Muirvulle. When I worked up there I used to say MARYville just to bug the natives ;) Or say isn't this Alcoa LOLOL

Edited by alt1958

4 hours ago, thiccmeat01 said:

As much as I hate to say it, I hope Bradley comes out with the big second round win. As previously mentioned, stopping that run game will be the key to victory. (Well, containing it that is.) Bradley has the best defensive player in the region so he will play be key in pulling out a win for he bears.

If hes better than the inside LB from Alcoa, and the #31 DT from Ooltewah, he's a darn good one.  We have seen some good ones , and survived.

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

If hes better than the inside LB from Alcoa, and the #31 DT from Ooltewah, he's a darn good one.  We have seen some good ones , and survived.

Ooltewah had some tough  backers  as well.I think their numbers were 1 and maybe 45 or 40 something.Any way they both were hitters.Almost forgot.The one thing this class has lost was their depth at line ,most noticeably the defensive front.One of the 5 no longer there was almost exactly the size of #31 and the D1 talent possiblity.Can you imagine a front that would push the DB ofensive line in practice every day,well that's what is missing.Instead of 77 having to go both ways,he could be more  rested and play one side or the other.Along with the stud backers , that front would have been hail and a huge help to the defensive backs .I don't care who the defensive backs are if a QB has an extra few seconds,they are in trouble but if a base front is getting after him,every thing swings in favor of the defense.You can't just blame a coach or two on this because kids do what they will,but all I'll say is it could have been prevented and this team should be even deeper and stronger.I like the offense if it can stay healthy to score with anyone.If DB can play with Alcoa and Greeneville,then they can beat anyone at home.Tribe 38-28 should be a given in my opinion for whatever team steps in front of them.This week it's BC...38-28 DB

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, johndeere said:

He is very good. But he is not the key to the game. The key is can our front 3 use there speed to make plays because it sounds like you guys are very big and talented up front on Offense. 

1 hour ago, BCMan said:

He is very good. But he is not the key to the game. The key is can our front 3 use there speed to make plays because it sounds like you guys are very big and talented up front on Offense. 

Your correct,In a 3 man front, the key is for those 3 guys to make the play.Now making the play doesn't always mean making the tackle.Those guys have to open it up for the backers to fill and if the DB O- line can handle their man without a double team,then it's a long night for your defense.If you have fast outside guys that can get around the DB tackles then DB has to do what they do best and hit it straight up the middle.Should be fun to watch