Bradley at DB (Round 2)

DBGRAD70

3 hours ago, johndeere said:

Get on board or go back to sleep.  This team is giving it all they have, and have already out performed all expectations.  Great year going on .  Don't waste the chance to enjoy one thing in this world that is positive and exciting.

I think he's a poor ole lost Riverdale fan.  Heaven knows how he got here. He has no reason to be excited.

10 hours ago, blazer1set said:

If I remember correctly, DB has not beaten the Bears since 1965.

Season Result Team Score Opponent Score
2016 W Bradley Central 41 Dobyns-Bennett 33
2015 W Bradley Central 56 Dobyns-Bennett 42
1976 W Bradley Central 24 Dobyns-Bennett 18
1965 L Bradley Central 7 Dobyns-Bennett 35
1964 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 18
1947 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 14
1946 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 25
1945 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 6
1944 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 13
1943 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 18
1942 T Bradley Central 7 Dobyns-Bennett 7
1939 L Bradley Central 6 Dobyns-Bennett 27
1937 L Bradley Central 7 Dobyns-Bennett 26
1933 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 13
1932 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 12
1931 W Bradley Central 14 Dobyns-Bennett 0
1930 W Bradley Central 39 Dobyns-Bennett 0
1929 L Bradley Central 0 Dobyns-Bennett 6
1927 W Bradley Central 6 Dobyns-Bennett 0

26 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Has Bradley or DB made it past the second round in recent history?  

BC made R3 in 2000, DB in 2012.

Well football starting to wrap up for most of NET and we'll all start slowly dropping off coachT until next season.     Let's see, DB will have Maryville @ home next week, right?     I might want to catch that one..

46 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

In the 2000s DB made it to round 4 twice:

2002  11-3 season,  4th round @ Riverdale  9-14

2000  12-2 season, 4th round @ Redbank  13-21 (a sloppy cold raining muddy game)

Both games were really hard fought.

But things changed and we've had 10 years of mediocrity.

I should have phrased my question different, stating that by recent history I meant the last 8-10 years.  Since Maryville moved to 6A I knew all 6A teams in east Tennessee end their season when they play the Rebels.

4 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Has Bradley or DB made it past the second round in recent history?  

Good thing about it,One of the two will be playing in round three in a couple weeks.I have not seen Bradley play this year and look forward to seeing them.When the smoke clears,either one of these two might be playing in the state semifinals.Farragut and Maryville will have a say in that but all four have a shot.From what I've read,all four are pretty equal as to their talent and the coaching we will see.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Not excited.  Just reminding y'all how your season 'NORMALLY' goes.  This is followed by 9 months of why you have not gotten rid of your HC yet again.......and again......and again.......

This is a new year and when fans look back after the season,it will be easy to see who done what.I expected DB to compete for a state title before this senior class left and they are still playing .So I can just support those young men and hope for them to do well.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Not excited.  Just reminding y'all how your season 'NORMALLY' goes.  This is followed by 9 months of why you have not gotten rid of your HC yet again.......and again......and again.......

This year's a little different.  Sorta like you, HC sleeps through the game.  Others seem to have taken over and we got talent. 

I think DB wins easily Friday. Bradley can score points but I really don't see them being able to stop DB's ground attack. They won't win the line of scrimmage. DB should be able to run it down their throat. Just run Hicks and Taylor at them all night and they'll wear down. As long as the Indians play the way we all know they are capable of they should win by at least 2-3 scores.

Maryville/DB is a toss up. Maryville has better coaching but DB has the athletes; size, speed and strength to match the Rebels.

Edited by WBNC83