Who is the most overated teams in 4a

bigdawgtn

4 minutes ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Maybe White House was overrated, but then what does that say about Springfield?  Good win tonight for the jackets hate that we can't see the rematch, but JSS was the better team tonight.  White House has a lot returning for next year so hopefully we'll be back.  Maybe coach porter will go out on top and let Hamilton take over next year.  I love porter, he's a great family friend and he's won a lot of football games, but sometimes I think he holds teams back.  Go Blue Devils!!  

When the Jackets lose 2 of the top 3 receivers early against WH they were done offensively when they couldn't get run game going.  I didnt really agree with our passing game plan moving forward in that game. Credit to WH that night. They played tough. 

WH will be in the hunt again as region champs next season. SHS loses quite a bit of starters as well.

Porter has been great for WH community. He deserves to be up there with the best of them. Played a lot of good football.

11 hours ago, Copacanobra13 said:

Maybe White House was overrated, but then what does that say about Springfield?  Good win tonight for the jackets hate that we can't see the rematch, but JSS was the better team tonight.  White House has a lot returning for next year so hopefully we'll be back.  Maybe coach porter will go out on top and let Hamilton take over next year.  I love porter, he's a great family friend and he's won a lot of football games, but sometimes I think he holds teams back.  Go Blue Devils!!  

I give White House credit for beating Springfield. That game is always a slobber knocker regardless of who is ranked where. That being said, rankings mean nothing come playoff time. It's how your team was prepared for the playoffs during the season that matters now. I know why Coach Porter scheduled the way he did and I don't blame him one bit. It helped his team gain confidence and get rolling and go 10-0. It did nothing to prepare them for the tougher competition come playoff time, and that showed in the 2nd half against JSS. The toughest team they faced during the regular season was Springfield, and it was probably aside from Beech the worst game the Jackets played all year. No excuses from me as to why, but that game didn't help WH learn a lot about tough situations long term. I give them props for pulling out the W late in come from behind fashion.

Coach Wilson scheduled one 6A team (granted they weren't good but at the time the schedules are made you have no clue) and three 5A playoff teams, one ranked number 1 in the state. His main focus from the opening of spring practice is how do we get deep in the playoffs and what do we need to do, period. What did that do? Hardin County comes out in round 1 and goes right down the field to go up 7-0. Lexington comes out and goes up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. What did Springfield do? They never batted an eye and stayed the course and by the 4th quarter of both games neither opponent wanted anymore. That is what playing tougher non region games does for you. 

Overrated, underrated, at this point it no longer matters. Congrats again to the BDP gang on a great undefeated season. Springfield has been underrated all year and I could really care less because we are going to JSS for quarterfinal playoff action and are the only region 5 4A team left standing. I guess the old saying is true, the cream rises to the top! Sorry for the long winded post! Go Jackets!!

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I give White House credit for beating Springfield. That game is always a slobber knocker regardless of who is ranked where. That being said, rankings mean nothing come playoff time. It's how your team was prepared for the playoffs during the season that matters now. I know why Coach Porter scheduled the way he did and I don't blame him one bit. It helped his team gain confidence and get rolling and go 10-0. It did nothing to prepare them for the tougher competition come playoff time, and that showed in the 2nd half against JSS. The toughest team they faced during the regular season was Springfield, and it was probably aside from Beech the worst game the Jackets played all year. No excuses from me as to why, but that game didn't help WH learn a lot about tough situations long term. I give them props for pulling out the W late in come from behind fashion.

Coach Wilson scheduled one 6A team (granted they weren't good but at the time the schedules are made you have no clue) and three 5A playoff teams, one ranked number 1 in the state. His main focus from the opening of spring practice is how do we get deep in the playoffs and what do we need to do, period. What did that do? Hardin County comes out in round 1 and goes right down the field to go up 7-0. Lexington comes out and goes up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. What did Springfield do? They never batted an eye and stayed the course and by the 4th quarter of both games neither opponent wanted anymore. That is what playing tougher non region games does for you. 

Overrated, underrated, at this point it no longer matters. Congrats again to the BDP gang on a great undefeated season. Springfield has been underrated all year and I could really care less because we are going to JSS for quarterfinal playoff action and are the only region 5 4A team left standing. I guess the old saying is true, the cream rises to the top! Sorry for the long winded post! Go Jackets!!

Well said and we move on...Go Jackets!!

On 11/8/2017 at 5:08 PM, Copacanobra13 said:

Very 

We all know the WH hates Greenbrier, but, please go back and check the records to see how many times Greenbrier has gone 0-10 this CENTURY, if ever.   Can't say that for the two WH teams last year and this, but please...come back and tell me about the "streak" you used to have and 1997.   

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

12 hours ago, GreenbrierCat2 said:

We all know the WH hates Greenbrier, but, please go back and check the records to see how many times Greenbrier has gone 0-10 this CENTURY, if ever.   Can't say that for the two WH teams last year and this, but please...come back and tell me about the "streak" you used to have and 1997.   

Not sure why you even posted that at this point.  Both White House and greenbrier are out so it's irrelevant until next year lol.  All I will say is 21-0.  Greenbrier sucks 

23 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Agreed.  Scheduling harder opponents and being prepared is better than going 10-0 and being put out early.  Coach Porter used to schedule hard non region games.  My junior year we went 5-5 and my senior year we went 6-4, but we had a hard schedule and ended up going to the quarterfinals both years.  Still think we were better than JSS but that's irrelevant.  Good luck to Springfield, represent our region well!

On 11/11/2017 at 11:04 AM, JacketLover said:

Well said. This thread is senseless now. we are on our way to round three and Jackson south is our focus not this playground chatter 

On 11/8/2017 at 7:12 AM, DevilMan03 said:

Anderson County- Overrated

Ill say Marshar County- Underrated 

Nolensville- Underrated 

I am curious to see why you think Anderson County is overrated. We just beat a team worse then you did. But thats ok come Friday night we will see who is overrated LOL :) with Love Devilman !

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am curious to see why you think Anderson County is overrated. We just beat a team worse then you did. But thats ok come Friday night we will see who is overrated LOL :) with Love Devilman !

You got us! Woo we are scared. Beat Betsy by 17 and they are ready for the Super Bowl. I sure do hope you don’t disappear after we beat those Ac boys friday. Everyone will be coming at you guys especially if we Mercy Rule them lol

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

You got us! Woo we are scared. Beat Betsy by 17 and they are ready for the Super Bowl. I sure do hope you don’t disappear after we beat those Ac boys friday. Everyone will be coming at you guys especially if we Mercy Rule them lol

There you go again with that dang Mercy rule. You might ought to be worried we do not turn the tables on who is calling Mercy. The Mavericks are coming and coming strong. We have your number and payback. You know what they say about paybacks are heck! Cupcake my butt LOL I bet you will never eat a cupcake again after we serve them to you. LOL :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight