Brad Lee vizits Mairvul #2

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, alt1958 said:

I agree that the teams from SE Tennessee tend to play with a little bit of chip on our shoulders. But then we get told a lot that our brand of football is simply not up snuff and we should stay home ;) 

When the Bears were placed in the Super 32, I saw a lot of comments suggesting that Bradley would be nothing more than canon fodder for Knoxville and upper East Tennessee teams.

Here's to a great game and the players decide it on the field due to talent and effort without injuries. I have said already, on the radio show I do and in private Bradley has to score in excess of 30 points to have a chance. These are two good football teams meeting tonight and I will be there cheering my Bears on.

Good post. I come from the middle of the last century where the game was more about toughness and playing thru the pain. The docs couldn't fix it up all that well back then anyway. Guys taped it up and took alot of aspirin before the game. Probably lucky they didn't get scratched and bleed to death! So the rough and tough comment was a compliment. Even though the game has changed, I like teams who impose their will on the other team. Everybody does still wear pads for now. Like I said earlier, I hope the refs let the kids play. Sometimes a line gets crossed during an aggressive football game. That's part of it and why there are flags and the ability to toss players. Bradley and murvil are two good programs who have had good seasons again this year. We should see great effort from both squads.

As for the cussing...people and generations are different. I don't like it either, but consider it a bad part of everyday activity, not only sports.

30 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

All the way to I-75 down in GA too! 

So true- right off the top of my head, I know either myself or a member of my family has been busted for speeding in Englewood, TN, Benton, TN, and White, GA. On any trip to Atlanta from Maryville via US 411, it would be a close race between the number of parked police cars with radar guns versus the number of Dollar General stores along the way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, strongx said:

Good post. I come from the middle of the last century where the game was more about toughness and playing thru the pain. The docs couldn't fix it up all that well back then anyway. Guys taped it up and took alot of aspirin before the game. Probably lucky they didn't get scratched and bleed to death! So the rough and tough comment was a compliment. Even though the game has changed, I like teams who impose their will on the other team. Everybody does still wear pads for now. Like I said earlier, I hope the refs let the kids play. Sometimes a line gets crossed during an aggressive football game. That's part of it and why there are flags and the ability to toss players. Bradley and murvil are two good programs who have had good seasons again this year. We should see great effort from both squads.

As for the cussing...people and generations are different. I don't like it either, but consider it a bad part of everyday activity, not only sports.

Great post!

27 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

So true- right off the top of my head, I know either myself or a member of my family has been busted for speeding in Englewood, TN, Benton, TN, and White, GA. On any trip to Atlanta from Maryville via US 411, it would be a close race between the number of parked police cars with radar guns versus the number of Dollar General stores along the way.

I have driven 411 every week for 30 plus years going to work in Atlanta like clock work. I have gotten one ticket for doing 59 in a 55 zone. that was over 25 years and I think the speed limit might have still been 55.  I use common sense and don't drive like a wild man, and still make it from Maryville to the employee parking lot at Alt airport in 3 hrs and 10 mins     drive safe 

Just now, Jetjock said:

I have driven 411 every week for 30 plus years going to work in Atlanta like clock work. I have gotten one ticket for doing 59 in a 55 zone. that was over 25 years and I think the speed limit might have still been 55.  I use common sense and don't drive like a wild man, and still make it from Maryville to the employee parking lot at Alt airport in 3 hrs and 10 mins     drive safe 

I personally have driven that route many times on business and personal trips. I got one ticket about 30 years ago coming back from the Peach Bowl at the old Fulton County Stadium. That ticket got my attention- I have been clean on US 411 since then.

49 minutes ago, strongx said:

Bradley and murvil are two good programs who have had good seasons again this year. We should see great effort from both squads.

They are definitely both great programs and I am counting down the 3.5 hours to kick-off.

As for the cussing.  I cuss, my son cusses, and they DEFINITELY talk a LOT of trash on that field. But to be cussed AT by a high school coach is another thing.  They'll get plenty of that next year from college coaches.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jetjock said:

Tell us about your motorcycle trip while in the USMC! Was it a Kawasaki or a Suzuki? Was it 150 or 175?