Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

Just a side note...Did y'all know Harrison Smith's parents graduated from ORHS? I work @ the airport and was talking to him when he came through one day. I said, "I watched you play while you were @ Catholic. I wish you had of played for my team in High School." He said..."Where'd you to to school?" I said Oak Ridge, then he began to tell me about how his parents graduated from there and how his grandmother still lives here. He said if he hadn't of went to Catholic he would've went to OR. I thought that was pretty cool. 

Edited by SweetScience

Catholic is in our Region 4-5A, so with that being said GO......... WILDCATS!!!

If I'm pulling for a "Knoxville area" team it's always gonna be Oak Ridge. Great tradition, great environment with a classy coach, players and fanbase. 

Hey Willie, where are you listening to the games at in Hixon/Chatt? On line or radio?

Hoping for an injury free game for both teams and Go Wildcats!

• Like 1

If this is the first time these teams have played then it can’t be much of a rivalry. After reading some of the post it would appear that very little football will actually be discussed and private bashing will dominate the board. People are making accusations of cheating against Catholic and they know someone who knows someone and all that, then please turn in the school and let justice run its course. It’s not your money so why use the excuse of being afraid of lawsuits (as read on previous threads)? The Irish were allowed to stay in the public’s yet they catch all the criticism instead of the TSSAA who allowed them to remain in D1. It's like the people who complain about Trump being president but didn’t vote. It won’t be long before the Irish are forced into D2 there are too many people upset about them being allowed to stay. Last year an Alcoa fan said it perfectly...if Catholic was losing no one would care. Oh well. Hopefully football will be discussed if not good luck to both teams. 

Edited by QSouth89

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

You guys have always had players from Oliver Springs, Clinton and across AC. My point about the other sports was I coached girls AAU in the OR program and am 100% positive they had some state titles with5 starters that didn't attend OR middle schools.

So you coached for Coach Burkey's Tennessee Stars then you know the girls that moved in did so legally and did so in order to advance their basketball careers. You have no right to judge them for doing what was best for them. Some of the players that moved in are Barnard, Bible, Stewart and that s all I know of right off the top of my head. Stewart and Bible never played in a State Title game.

You are wrong about OR winning 3 State Titles with five out of town players. Azzi, Caldwell, Dowdell, Wilson, Long, Young and the McGinnis sisters played junior high ball at Robertsville or Jefferson

Now IrishBBall, are you the AAU coach who Burkey brought in to work with the post players? He told me he was very happy with the job you did at that time. If you are the coach I think you are, I watched you work with the girls and you did do a great job.