#1 Oakland @ #1 Maryville

GoPats2019

8 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Poor ole Maryville. They just won't ever get much respect on winning on Friday night's due to the refs. Guess it has nothing to do with having the best QB in Tennessee for this game, Oakland making bad play calling every now and then. 1st half was more of a Hopkins half. He just showed off in that half. 

I don't know, but if it was me, knowing I had a kicker that is deadly accurate by a mile on FG, I would have kicked a FG before the half ran out. A lot of shoulda, coulda and wouldas in this game. Maryville was just the better team tonight. Probably would have been in week 2 if all starters would have been playing.

Yore rite DB1976....Eye coodun't figger out whut tha Paytreeuts wuz din thair rite befour haif....:popcorneater:

52 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I am not saying that you're wrong I'm just saying that Oakland is not a true Wing T offense. Oakland run some I formation some spread, they are more than just the wing-t. All I know is that the offense is not the reason why Oakland lost tonight they ran up against a darn good offense

I like it when they pass to the home team!

Congrats to Oakland for a great season you guys have a great team. It was as billed tonight , that is what the 4th round game should be like.  Fortunately it ended up in our favor this time. We will see ya in week 2 next year. Thanks for a great game. Much respect here. All you Oakland folks that I spoke with were very nice . Safe travels.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Congrats to Oakland for a great season you guys have a great team. It was as billed tonight , that is what the 4th round game should be like.  Fortunately it ended up in our favor this time. We will see ya in week 2 next year. Thanks for a great game. Much respect here. All you Oakland folks that I spoke with were very nice . Safe travels.

That's a long hard trip back after a loss. I don't wish that on anyone.  The good thing for Oakland is that they will be back stronger with tons of seniors next year. This is a fun rivalry. 

• Upvote 1