#1 Oakland @ #1 Maryville

GoPats2019

Stars and crew... just got back to TC and all caught up. I believe I could smell that missing bacon cooking. Almost felt like I was on the Creekbank...or so I’ve heard. 

Another great game witnessed in the black hole between these two, and congrats on the win!!! (I hate that y’all had to cut down the pine trees) 

Mr. Hopkins...you are a football player!!

The rivalry between these two teams is only going to continue...and I can’t wait until the next meeting. Until then...best of luck.

Don’t really know too too much about CR....but they are athletic af!! Maybe more than what you saw tonight. If only y’all could play discipline football... ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BARTLETTHSGRAD04 said:

Congrats to both teams on a great game. What does everyone think about on the last field goal to make it 31-28 was it false start on Maryville?

No false start. 11 was lined up in the back field so he can move as long as he's not going forward and as long as he is the only player moving.

20 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

No false start. 11 was lined up in the back field so he can move as long as he's not going forward and as long as he is the only player moving.

Exactly. Like GQ said a few years ago against Whitehaven, shouldn't have had to come down to that play had things worked out better earlier. No doubt Oakland was the more physical and athletic team last night but if you don't take care of business early when you should have you wouldn't have been in that situation. I really think two major keys to that game last night was that Oakland mismanaged the time clock not getting a field goal before half and going 0 for 3 and having to punt on the first series in the second half. Had they done something then there is no doubt they would be in Cookeville next week. Getting ten down in a game like that would have took a miracle to have pulled off. More than anything I'm glad to see Dylan getting a shot at a title game to top off a great career. Good luck next week.

• Upvote 2

Just want to say for a long time I've had going to a game at Maryville on my bucket list and you guys sure don't dissapoint. What a remarkable place to watch a football game as well as a great game to boot. You guys truly have a program everybody should want to emulate on and off the field. I sure wish Oakland had support like Maryville does.

As for the game, I'll gladly retract what I said about Hopkins, he earned his keep and then some, especially carrying the football. Oakland popped him pretty good a couple of times.

Growing up on Oakland football in the mid 90s didn't see a bunch of success early on, but one of the things I learned from my old man is to be a man and win/lose with class. Blaming the officiating is a cop out. Was it bad? At times it was, but it was bad on both sides. Like Barney said, Oakland put themselves in that position by not executing at the end of the first half/beginning of 2nd half.

With that being, I'm proud as heck of my alma mater for showing some fight especially early in the 2nd half when the game nearly got away from them. What Oakland accomplished this year is amazing given what they had to replace. 

Look forward to seeing you guys again in Week 2

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just want to say for a long time I've had going to a game at Maryville on my bucket list and you guys sure don't dissapoint. What a remarkable place to watch a football game as well as a great game to boot. You guys truly have a program everybody should want to emulate on and off the field. I sure wish Oakland had support like Maryville does.

As for the game, I'll gladly retract what I said about Hopkins, he earned his keep and then some, especially carrying the football. Oakland popped him pretty good a couple of times.

Growing up on Oakland football in the mid 90s didn't see a bunch of success early on, but one of the things I learned from my old man is to be a man and win/lose with class. Blaming the officiating is a cop out. Was it bad? At times it was, but it was bad on both sides. Like Barney said, Oakland put themselves in that position by not executing at the end of the first half/beginning of 2nd half.

With that being, I'm proud as heck of my alma mater for showing some fight especially early in the 2nd half when the game nearly got away from them. What Oakland accomplished this year is amazing given what they had to replace. 

Thank you for your kind words. I’m proud of our facilities. It’s a special place. Last night was a battle. Every game we’ve had with Oakland has been, and it’s a great opportunity to play each other week two for a measuring stick to see what needs to be addressed. IMO Oakland is the best team we’ve play this year by far. Merry Christmas to you and your family MTF.  See you next season. 

13 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Thank you for your kind words. I’m proud of our facilities. It’s a special place. Last night was a battle. Every game we’ve had with Oakland has been, and it’s a great opportunity to play each other week two for a measuring stick to see what needs to be addressed. IMO Oakland is the best team we’ve play this year by far. Merry Christmas to you and your family MTF.  See you next season. 

Thank you RW, happy holidays to everybody in Maryville

16 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Classy post MTF , it was an Epic game last night and I’m glad we’re playing Oakland again next year . That Defense was lights out , our Offense and Hopkins had been on a tremendous roll and I didn’t think anybody could slow them down and Boy was I wrong . Oakland and Maryville both fought their hearts out and I was just lucky to see it in person , definitely one of the top 5 games I’ve ever seen in my lifetime and I’ve been around a long time . Really proud of our boys this year , whether they win or lose next week it’s been a great year and Maryville and Coach Hunt have proven that Maryville will continue to be in the “Hunt “ ( sorry couldn’t resist it ) even with our legendary Coach gone .