#1 Oakland @ #1 Maryville

GoPats2019

49 minutes ago, rebelscum1998 said:

Let me lay it out for you.  One player may be in motion at the snap, so long as it is not toward the opponents goal line (read - line of scrimmage).  Key modifier in this rule is AT THE SNAP.  He was in motion, but not towards the line at the snap.  You clearly do not know the NFHS rules ... maybe you are citing NFL or NCAA rules, but you're wrong on this one.

5_YI8__Jn1vZcbjeE9kJGAR8YsZxak3XTRxdBO8Y

But you cant go forward or make a forward body motion when you are in motion

Like a well known philosopher once said. "Don't put the game in the hands of the officials in the first place".  Game came down to one team making a play and another one not.  However, the sun came up this morning, and billions of Chinese could have cared less who  won or lost.  I suspect that Oakland will  exact their revenge once or perhaps twice next year against in Maryville, but as for the State Championship this year.....Go Rebels!

1 minute ago, rebelscum1998 said:

You absolutely can.  You just can't be moving forward AT THE SNAP.

Think of a running back who's standing next to the QB.  He approaches the line, then motions to the slot receiver.  He moves forward first.

I Gottah, 

I just found the video

5 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Thanks to MHS fans for rule explanation on field goal- I would have sworn watching with the naked eye that Rebels were moving illegally or not set properly when ball was snapped but I guess I was wrong. No way I know as much about the rules as you guys, especially oldrebel and oldrebel2.

If a flag came down, I would not have argued.  Could definitely be considered a false start.

The fact that one didn't come down, after watching the replays and thinking about the rule, there's no thought in my mind that this no-call is "wrong."

Legitimately could have been the "right" call either way, IMO.

Edited by rebelscum1998

Just a few points I would like to make about the game last night. I now fully understand how it has been 19 years since a home playoff loss at Maryville. Now you folks may THINK your team is beyond reproach, but some help in a tight situation doesn't hurt either. Can you HONESTLY think that a team in a game such as last can commit only 2 penalties ? These officials were from the Athens area and they were I am sure in awe at what the normally see. 

As for the player in motion on the field goal, you can spew all the so called rules you wish, it was an ILLEGAL movement. Finally why was it deemed necessary to send a car containing 2 people to Oakland this week to film practice from the parking lot? A parent witnessed the vehicle with Blount county plates and alerted the staff. When they were about to be confronted, the left in a cloud of dust and gravel. This is the truth and it CAN be proven.

This is no sour grapes or "whine" as you like to say. This is what you do when all else fails. I hate to see what kids have worked so hard for be taken from them by underhanded methods. So in closing, enjoy your trip next week and may you all have a long ride back to East Tennessee !